Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Racing | 996 Turbo 1,000hp build!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Immelman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Build! Out of curiosity, is this still AWD? Also, what suspension are you using on th car?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2016, 09:32 AM
TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes, it is still AWD. I'm having trouble finding photos of the suspension work we did, but it has TPC Racing adjustable sway bars, drop links, and toe links, and of course we aligned the car.

What's more interesting, and what I wish I could find photos of, is that this is actually the second car we fitted with the Tractive DDA coilover kit. It features the DSC stand alone kit and Tractive DDA coilover.

Originally Posted by Immelman
Nice Build! Out of curiosity, is this still AWD? Also, what suspension are you using on th car?

Thanks!

Email: info@tpcracing.com
Phone: (410)799-7223
Facebook | Youtube
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2021 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2006 Grand Am Rolex 24hr of Daytona GT Winner

Last edited by TPC Racing; 06-27-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:44 PM
Immelman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TPC Racing
Yes, it is still AWD. I'm having trouble finding photos of the suspension work we did, but it has TPC Racing adjustable sway bars, drop links, and toe links, and of course we aligned the car.

What's more interesting, and what I wish I could find photos of, is that this is actually the second car we fitted with the Tractive DDA coilover kit. It features the DSC stand alone kit and Tractive DDA coilover.

Very Nice! Yes, please do post more pictures if you find them!

Thanks, Mike
Old 07-25-2021, 02:22 PM
ROJOFRO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like I am digging one up from the grave...

I just purchased this car from the original owner 7/15/21. Mileage when picked up in Potomac Maryland 17,620 Friday. By Saturday evening the Mileage was a few miles under 19,000. Drove through VA, West VA, OHIO, Indiana, Illinois, Mizzou, Iowa & Nebraska. By the end of today I will have put 10% of the total mileage on this 18 year old car in a weekend.

The previous owner wrote a check for the work and had zero knowledge of the build specifics. Not a dig, just a fact. Some guys are too busy. He's picking up a Ferrari F90 as its replacement. I have so many questions, many I don't even know I have until I start reverse engineering what has been done. To add insult to injury, its my first Porsche so the learning curve is there for the basics as well. I come from racing experience (SCCA, NASA, VRL) in normally aspirated Vipers, so the driving experience is "upside down" from a power delivery perspective. (understatement)

I don't know much about TPC yet other than racing against a couple of GT3 Cup cars with their stickers on them at Summit Point and VIR. I hope to speak to Mike or someone soon, to get some details on the work. I must say initial impression is this - extremely well-built. This car is brutally fast, and I am familiar with extreme acceleration owning turbo motorcycles. Top-end, this build is much faster than my 3,100 pound 650hp Viper. No comparison. Well mannered. Air conditioning and creature comforts remain. No in-cabin exhaust smells and tricky clutches typical of builds of this caliber. I don't know what the mileage was (maybe Mike knows) when the car came into their shop in 2017 for this build, but I'm guessing I put over half of the mileage on this build. In 3 days.

I plan to offer my feedback on both the daily experience and if possible the track as well. As soon as possible. Its a solid car. I plan to make use of it.

Last edited by ROJOFRO; 07-25-2021 at 11:18 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by ROJOFRO:
17ram2500 (03-29-2022), Capt. Obvious (07-27-2021), dapucker1 (04-17-2022), Gern (07-26-2021), Mike Mullins (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 04:19 PM
Immelman
Intermediate

Very nice buy!! Do you care to share what you paid for a monster like that?
Old 03-28-2022, 11:03 PM
ROJOFRO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Question to anyone out there that might know -
Has anyone else installed or had someone install the Tractive DDA Coil overs and the DSC Sport Stand Alone on the 996? I am trying to find out where they (TPC) install the components. The DSC box, Accelerometer and 3-way map switch.
Pretty sure my system is offline and I need to find the DSC to plug it into a laptop and run diagnostics.

Quick Reply: TPC Racing | 996 Turbo 1,000hp build!