Sponsored by:

Recap of Pocono Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 02:03 AM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recap of Pocono Track Day

Well the Pocono East Course Track Day has come and gone and it turned out to be a great day and a great event! The weather cooperated flawlessly and the track conditions were excellent. Having had the opportunity to explore the limits of my MINI with and without the help of the computer, I definitely decided that on the track, the computer should be turned off. This was my same conclusion with the recent autocross as well.

My tires received quite a beating but then again I was pushing them pretty hard!! I also found a cracked turn signal lense. I guess it could have been worse.

Porsche related paragraph to hopefully avoid admin. deletion or redirection.
I have posted this here because I finally got to meet Tom with his beautiful silver 04TTX50 with the factory aerokit and ceramic brakes!! All I have to say is WOW, beautiful car Tom!! The PCCB calipers are ENORMOUS!! He was telling me about how they were performing. He indicated they were not stopping well the first time out. After that, once they were properly heated up in a second run with his instructor, they working like nothing he has ever experienced. Bellisimo!! He took some pyrometer readings of the rotors, calipers and tires and I would like him to post the results as soon as he can. Tom, post a picture of your car as well please. He was staying on Sunday to run the North Course so I won't expect his response until after the weekend. The North course was much better suited for the turbo due to its longer straightaway and less tight turns.

Mark was also there and this was his first track event. He ended up taking his Subaru WRX since his 993TT will not be out of the shop until later this week. I am glad you had fun Mark! Let's hear what you have to say about PDA.....

Below are several photos of me in the MINI taken during the day:

Old 10-12-2003, 02:46 PM
ypshan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's your Mini handled differently than the TT besides the power difference?
Old 10-13-2003, 11:56 AM
MikeInfo
Instructor

Who was the guy in the 993 tearing it up?

Any pics?
Old 10-13-2003, 01:09 PM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Mike. The pictures of me were from my friend. He didn't know to take some of you since we were in the same run group. Do you know the contact info of the track photographer?
Old 10-13-2003, 02:10 PM
MikeInfo
Instructor

Ken, his info is on the PDA website. The pictures probably will be up later this week. You can search by date and run group.

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/

Quick Reply: Recap of Pocono Track Day