Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

This 20K mile blue X50 beauty definitely looks like it qualifies for this thread...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...MEDFBDPANFDESK

Sure, I'd prefer a black interior, but the midnight blue exterior is just brilliant.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:13 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

that is a cut above, but geez i'm not a fan of the graphite grey cabins. had that in my 964. got rid of it.

but the blue X the silver gt3 wheels is quite the look.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:12 AM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 502 Posts

Agreed, light gray interior and tan interior are deal breakers and should be much less $$$
Old 02-09-2017, 03:27 PM
docboy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s65e90
Agreed, light gray interior and tan interior are deal breakers and should be much less $$$
To each their own... I purposefully looked for a 996tt with a light gray interior. IMHO light gray interior along with carbon fiber makes for a nice looking inside. I see gray and black interiors as non offensive colors.

Red, on the other hand....
Old 02-09-2017, 03:47 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Originally Posted by docboy
To each their own... I purposefully looked for a 996tt with a light gray interior. IMHO light gray interior along with carbon fiber makes for a nice looking inside. I see gray and black interiors as non offensive colors.

Red, on the other hand....
Yes, I shouldn't say they "should" be much less, but it's known that light gray is less desirable than black. Tan some people like. The red some love but I don't see it adding value at all.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

at least we all agree that blue is spectacular!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:49 PM
docboy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Road King
at least we all agree that blue is spectacular!
Old 02-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Signalmtb
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Road King
This 20K mile blue X50 beauty definitely looks like it qualifies for this thread...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...MEDFBDPANFDESK

Sure, I'd prefer a black interior, but the midnight blue exterior is just brilliant.
well priced for sure. Needs to be dropped about an inch though.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:46 AM
nycarb
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apologies moderators if this post is misplaced....

but do any of you experts know of someone that can act as a BROKER for finding these "prestige" market cars for me?

I'm in the market for a 996tt/997.1tt but I'm realizing after all the research I've done I still have no idea of what's a TRULY "good/bad" deal. I need someone who knows a lot more than I do to do the work for me.

I have a guy that does something similar for me for my other cars. He'll scour the auction market for a particular late model car, handle the inspection and delivery to me... no problems. I'll save ~ 15% + his cut ($1k-2.5k)

This works because the market for any non-exotic brand, less than 4 years old is very efficient. Conversely, I feel the used 10+ year-old 911 Turbo market is inefficient/idiosyncratic.

I don't have the time/capacity/expertise to do things like compression testing, intermix checks, bore scoring analysis, checking welds of the coolant lines, etc etc etc... and I wouldn't know how to discount for those things, if it were an issue.

So in other words... who can I hire and pay about $1-2k to do this for me?
Old 02-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Signalmtb
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nycarb

but do any of you experts know of someone that can act as a BROKER for finding these "prestige" market cars for me?

I'm in the market for a 996tt/997.1tt but I'm realizing after all the research I've done I still have no idea of what's a TRULY "good/bad" deal. I need someone who knows a lot more than I do to do the work for me.

I have a guy that does something similar for me for my other cars. He'll scour the auction market for a particular late model car, handle the inspection and delivery to me... no problems. I'll save ~ 15% + his cut ($1k-2.5k)

This works because the market for any non-exotic brand, less than 4 years old is very efficient. Conversely, I feel the used 10+ year-old 911 Turbo market is inefficient/idiosyncratic.

I don't have the time/capacity/expertise to do things like compression testing, intermix checks, bore scoring analysis, checking welds of the coolant lines, etc etc etc... and I wouldn't know how to discount for those things, if it were an issue.

you'll get a lot of hands going up I'm sure, self-included. I know the 996tt market well, having just spent a long time finding myself a nice x50. And I just sourced 2 other cars for people (non-Porsche). so if you're serious, I'd be more than happy to help. PM if you like.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:09 PM
s65e90
Drifting

I would be happy to help you. I have purchased 35+ cars and have been working on cars for 20 years. I am a licensed auto appraiser and do high end vehicle valuations. I know the market very, very well and I work on a 996 turbo so I am very familiar with it's mechanics and intricacies. I would be happy to assist you in any way I can. I also emailed you as well. Feel free to call me at the number I sent to you via email if you'd like to discuss what I can offer to you.

Thanks in advance,

Joseph
Old 02-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

www.techweenie.com
Old 02-12-2017, 12:03 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Thank you, Rick!
Old 02-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Did techweenie assist you in buying your Targa?
Old 02-15-2017, 04:05 PM
nycarb
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will be replying soon to those that reached out to me.

Quick Reply: The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds