Sponsored by:

New 996T owner from UK

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 02:49 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay.
Don't have too many plans immediately (aka I'm now broke) but really want to get a carbon interior, some flappy paddles and darken the wheels a tad.

Jay.
If you want to try out darker wheels on a budget and still be able to return them to stock silver easily, then get some Plasti-Dip. Not sure they sell it in England under the same name, but I can't imagine it would be hard to get. Cost is minimal and if you don't like it, you can just peel it off. FWIW, I like the stock silver wheels on the seal gray cars rather than darker colors generally.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Jay.
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard of that problem with UK documents before; the car's full designation 'turbo Tiptronic S' gets turned into 'Turbo S'
That answers that! Seems very plausible. Can't say I'm hugely disappointed as I'm still confident I got the car for a great price, regardless of the fact it's the normal 996t.

Originally Posted by kcattorney
If you want to try out darker wheels on a budget and still be able to return them to stock silver easily, then get some Plasti-Dip. Not sure they sell it in England under the same name, but I can't imagine it would be hard to get. Cost is minimal and if you don't like it, you can just peel it off. FWIW, I like the stock silver wheels on the seal gray cars rather than darker colors generally.

Plasti Dip Your Wheels - The Complete Guide - YouTube
We have that over here, although typically it tends to leave a pretty bad finish that doesn't stick very well?

Maybe I should order the official stuff and get it shipped over, it's still pretty cheap - could do all the wheels for about $50.. At least it'll give me an idea if I like it

Originally Posted by 996TT02
Hello Jay very nice, very clean looking, I don't want to have to put a dampener on things, but if you are broke now don't go splurging on the unnecessary right now, build up a maintenance fund first as stuff does go wrong and needs fixing. If you are handy with a spanner you can eventually save £££, a wealth of information on here.
Yeh that's basically where I'm stalling - I want to get a relatively safe amount stashed away in case the 'worst' happens - most of my plans are pretty cheap anyway in comparison for that reason. Will try to do most of the spanner work myself, so fingers crossed nothing crazy happens.

Originally Posted by Dock
Jay - Are you current or previous RAF?
I'm still serving
Old 12-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Jay.
Track Day

Doublepost
Old 12-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay.
I'm still serving
Are you going to set up your profile page to receive PM's?
Old 12-02-2015, 03:17 AM
Jay.
Track Day

Originally Posted by Dock
Are you going to set up your profile page to receive PM's?
I thought I had, after a quick check in options it seems I should be able to receive pms

Quick Reply: New 996T owner from UK