Sponsored by:

03 996 tt Ipod/Phone connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 09:30 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtpeper
Would that plug in directly to where the CD changer was supposed to go? Do I then have to reprogram the head unit?
I believe so, but not 100% sure.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:23 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,538 Posts

I had a Dension unit in my Cayman S... HATED it. Very expensive, overly complicated, cumbersome UI, lousy sound quality, limited functionality... did I mention I hated it?

On my Turbo, I put in a Sony Carplay unit that works great for far less than what the Dension adapter would cost, but if you want to stay with the stock headunit, I think the best solutions are the higher quality add on units that use FM modulation, but in-line with the antenna for much better sound quality. Also, I'm not sure if they will work with a non-nav factory radio. They use the UI from the nav system to overlay their crude UI.

I don't know much about the GoGroove system, but something like the 'iSimple ranzit blu HF' give you a ton of functionality and decent quality for under $100. Should be relatively simple for any competent radio tech to install and wont require any cutting of factory wiring, although should be easy to do yourself as well. It still uses FM modulation, but unlike the GoGroove, it inserts inline into the antenna cable and auto-switches so you don't have the sound quality degradation and hassles of old-school fm modulators.

Amazon Amazon

I've also heard really negative things about the becker cable in terms of sound quality... Seem to recall it is mono only?
Old 09-09-2017, 07:47 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have an install post with TranzIt blu, still great 2 yrs later. Order from bumper plugs for the best cust service. Support our vendors.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:07 AM
joehonee
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently did a head unit swap on my 03 TT. Used one of the MOST system fiber optic adapter kits available from various vendors and bought an inexpensive Blaupunkt navigation double din head unit. I also purchased the install kit from Euromotorspeed which has the trim ring and wiring harness adapters. No splicing of wires and completely reversible.

Now I have a modern looking head unit with bluetooth, Pandora, etc...

Quick Reply: 03 996 tt Ipod/Phone connectivity