Sponsored by:

No Boost-not MAF-need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 01:26 PM
kc996
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No Boost-not MAF-need HELP!

Finally got back into a Porsche, picked up a 03 Turbo, 4 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were absolute bliss, the car was a rocket! Then, 2 weeks ago, I drove to the airport (in record time). I parked, went in and picked up a relative, got back to the car, everything was normal until I had enough room to hit the gas and take off. Not a whole lot happend. Car would not go over 0.2 BAR, no CEL errors. Got home, let the car cool, took it out again. First time I hit it, I did get boost but after that first shift, the most was 0.2 BAR. I've had the car out a couple of times since and no boost (0.2 max). The car is anemic. After reading some threads, I disconnected and removed the MAF, I was confident the MAF was the problem...nope. Same issue but this time ABS and PSM CELs, probably because of the disconnected MAF.

The car: 2003 911 Turbo with 25K miles, EVOMS Stage 3: intake, chip, exhaust. I'm new to Nashville and don't know of a Porsche mechanic that I trust yet so I'd like to fix it myself, I've always done fluid changes and brakes on my performance cars. Any advice on what to do next?

Also, if I do end up taking it to a mechanic, any concerns about them resetting the chip to stock?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kevin
Old 08-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by kc996
Finally got back into a Porsche, picked up a 03 Turbo, 4 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were absolute bliss, the car was a rocket! Then, 2 weeks ago, I drove to the airport (in record time). I parked, went in and picked up a relative, got back to the car, everything was normal until I had enough room to hit the gas and take off. Not a whole lot happend. Car would not go over 0.2 BAR, no CEL errors. Got home, let the car cool, took it out again. First time I hit it, I did get boost but after that first shift, the most was 0.2 BAR. I've had the car out a couple of times since and no boost (0.2 max). The car is anemic. After reading some threads, I disconnected and removed the MAF, I was confident the MAF was the problem...nope. Same issue but this time ABS and PSM CELs, probably because of the disconnected MAF.

The car: 2003 911 Turbo with 25K miles, EVOMS Stage 3: intake, chip, exhaust. I'm new to Nashville and don't know of a Porsche mechanic that I trust yet so I'd like to fix it myself, I've always done fluid changes and brakes on my performance cars. Any advice on what to do next?

Also, if I do end up taking it to a mechanic, any concerns about them resetting the chip to stock?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kevin
Check for boost leak would be my advice.

If you do end up taking the car to a mechanic pick one that knows these Turbos inside and out.

Can't imagine a tech re-flashing your car's DME without talking this over with you first but when you take the car in maybe you need to ask about this?
Old 08-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 212 Posts

Congrats on the new car..

It sounds like a major boost leak..

"F" tube

Intercooler hose connections..

It's time to pressure check your intake system. Plenty of posts as to how to make a kit..
Old 08-02-2015, 04:51 PM
kc996
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the responses. I'll look into doing a pressure check.
K
Old 08-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Do an egas reset. Went through same exp a few months ago.

Quick Reply: No Boost-not MAF-need HELP!