Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for an upgrade, audio

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Keep in mind the 2003 has the most system ( fiber optic), so there may need to be things done to override the most system to keep your car from logging errors! You cannot use the existing system interface.
You most likely need to change out your speakers since the Bose speakers are rated at nominal 2 ohms. The sub also may not be compatible wit other amps. If you so choose to use existing speakers, make sure the amp can drive 2 ohm loads.

I do suggest you research the Porsche most system to understand what others have done to use non factory components. There is plenty of posts and information.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:20 PM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Kevin!
Old 04-05-2015, 01:10 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
Keep in mind the 2003 has the most system ( fiber optic), so there may need to be things done to override the most system to keep your car from logging errors! You cannot use the existing system interface.
You most likely need to change out your speakers since the Bose speakers are rated at nominal 2 ohms. The sub also may not be compatible wit other amps. If you so choose to use existing speakers, make sure the amp can drive 2 ohm loads..
kevinmacd that was an incredibly valuable and informative post ( for me!? ) so thx for posting. those ARE the things to consider when dealing with the re-diculous MOST
Old 04-08-2015, 12:36 AM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've gone with the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX. I wanted iPhone integration and I wanted GPS independent from the phone. While all kinds of great things can be said about iPhone/smart phone GPS etc, for me, I want the two separate. I do a lot of long distance driving, and I like have the ability to use a more purpose built unit for it. My 0.2. That and 5 bucks will get you a Starbucks.
I haven't seen the install yet, but will in May when I get back. One of the features I like is that the BEL will be integrated with it, so warnings will mute the current playback/etc and alarm then return to normal play back.

Quick Reply: Time for an upgrade, audio