Sponsored by:

Recommendations for cross country transport

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 01:10 PM
rloggie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recommendations for cross country transport

Planning on moving two cars cross country. Love to know if you have someone to recommend, especially price friendly. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:34 PM
jdjones2010
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guy that transported my cars retired or i would have Highly recommended him! There's A LOT of Good ones out there, just do your Homework & check them out! I'd also post this on some of the other threads, especially on some of the TT or Higher End cars. Are you wanting an Enclosed trailer, BIG Difference! That's the ONLY way i've ever used, but it's A LOT Cheaper for just a regular transport. Do you want to use an Auto Transporter (they own & operate their own trucks, i prefer these) OR use a Shipping Broker (they don't own their trucks but they take all the hassle out of the whole process because they handle everything for you)! There's A LOT of them, just make sure you Do your Homework (because there are a lot of Shady ones also). GL & let us know Who you end up going with! You know the old sayin' you GET what you PAY for!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:38 PM
jdjones2010
Pro

ALSO, Make SURE they are Licensed & Bonded, BBB listed & make SURE they do an Inspection Before & After of your cars just to make sure there's NO Surprises! & Last but Not Least make SURE to use one that is Insured!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:41 PM
mdkelly1
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 54 Posts

I've used Intercity Lines and Horseless Carriage, both enclosed. Both are good end-to-end transporters.

My preference is Intercity.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 250 Likes on 221 Posts

No recommendations but I'd consider using the same transport company that delivers new cars to the Porsche dealer.

Which ever transport company you use be sure that you have the proper and sufficient amount of insurance on your cars in case something happens.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rloggie
Planning on moving two cars cross country. Love to know if you have someone to recommend, especially price friendly. Thanks in advance.
rloggie,

Intercity Lines will be glad to give you a 6speed rate on your move please let us know what make and model vehicles and from where to where and we will be glad to shoot you over a price quote for your move.
1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com

'69 MBZ 6.3
'16 Cayenne
'32 Ford highboy, Cadillac powered
Old 03-14-2015, 02:11 AM
jdjones2010
Pro

You could also check & see if there is one on here that's maybe a Sponsor on this site! Always good business to use the Guys that Supports your Car Club! Intercity is one of the Larger Outfits that does some Really Higher Ends Cars! I just Noticed Intercity IS a Site SPONSOR! GL!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:47 AM
ChemMan
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used 4 corners transport the last few times. They are a broker but I have been happy with the service. Prices were very reasonable. I contacted Intercity some years back but I was not on their route or something like that. It was a long time ago.
I would avoid DAS. I have used them twice and I will not again. The dealership I bought my 996TT from sent it to me through Road Warriors in Nebraska. They seemed very competent.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:48 AM
stilov
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I used agape out of Memphis tn. They are a broker too but I shipped my 996 and 986 with them. Both times great, fast and inexpensive.

I went open trailer though.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:13 AM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

When I bought my car back at the end of Jan, I had to do a bit of research into shipping my car from IL to CA.. I for sure wanted to go enclosed transport, and the two most reputable / known companies out there are Intercity and Reliable Carriers.... With that being said, they may have longer lead times for pickup based on the time of the year. I had purchased my car/needed it go get shipped right around the time of Barret Jackson car auction, and all the trucks were booked for 2-4 weeks.. I had just bought my car, and I wanted it asap so those options went out the door..
Ended up using Uship.com which was a good/bad experience.. After submitting my bid, and then after I had selected a company.. I got hit up no less than 30 times by carriers trying to work around Uship and get a deal with me direct (even though my listing had been closed).. It was a diaster for about a week after with my phone ringing off the hook with tow companies..
- With that being said, the broker that I used through Uship selected a great company, and I can save you all the hassle and possibly get you a better price.
The guy I used was General Trans Group (out of Addision, IL) 630-701-9788.. Super legit, and a beautiful new car transporter (enclosed), and had 5 Porsches inside when he delivered mine.. Might be worth checking out for a quote.. Using Uship - price was $1800 from IL to CA in 3-4 days.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:07 AM
fstede1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After using Intercity City and others. I only recommend Interciiy. With Intercity all enclosed transport, no lay overs at terminals, no outsourcing contracts.
Remember you get what you pay for.
Good Luck
Old 03-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Shadetree930
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Intercity without question.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:06 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 482 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by 8943post
Intercity Lines will be glad to give you a 6speed rate on your move please let us know what make and model vehicles and from where to where and we will be glad to shoot you over a price quote for your move.
Very happy...done 2? moves last year...
Old 03-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thank You

Thank you all for the kind words. We appreciate all your feedback and your business. Please let us know if we can help any member with a move.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:30 AM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

emailed intercity twice no response yet

Quick Reply: Recommendations for cross country transport