Sponsored by:

Thinking of getting an SUV to supplement the TT Cab - any advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 01:11 PM
LSM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Trojan Man
I had a 2001 A6 2.7T and in 19 months and 25,000 miles of ownership, the only warranty work I needed was replacement of a power steering pump that went bad.

I would not hesitate to own another Audi, but they need to firm up the suspension a bit (I almost got into a NASTY accident because I needed to do an emergency lane change and the darn car went wishy washy on me), and perhaps a bit more power

That is pretty much what I have been hearing. If you go with a 2001 or newer the car is pretty much bulletproof and everything is covered under warranty anyway.

Regarding the handling, I agree 100%, it is not a real handler and is not all that quick. I would think if you opt for the sport package on the 2.7t it would be a little better. Anyway, I will primarily use it for the winter anyway so, do not know how much sporting driving I will be able to do anyway.

-Lou
Old 09-03-2003, 11:42 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Good point on the year. Mine is a 99. By the way,I had the same experience with the rear going away when I had to turn the wheel suddenly left then right while in a high speed sweeping turn. I know someone will point out that that type of maneuver could unsettle any car. But, in this case, the degree of waggle was out of proportion to the speed or suddenness of the maneuver. My guess was rear springs that were way too soft, allowing lots of rear suspension movement. AS
Old 09-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Alexander Stemer
Good point on the year. Mine is a 99. By the way,I had the same experience with the rear going away when I had to turn the wheel suddenly left then right while in a high speed sweeping turn. I know someone will point out that that type of maneuver could unsettle any car. But, in this case, the degree of waggle was out of proportion to the speed or suddenness of the maneuver. My guess was rear springs that were way too soft, allowing lots of rear suspension movement. AS

Sounds pretty much like what happened to me. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this opinion.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting an SUV to supplement the TT Cab - any advice