Sponsored by:

Valentine One Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 05:19 PM
03-C4S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valentine One Installation

know this has been discussed over numerous times, but hopefully someone can help me out. I have the Valentine One radar and it is just mounted on the windshield. However I want to change the location and place it next to the rear-view mirror and mount it up there with the suction cups. Then I want to wire the detector so I can avoid using the cigarette lighter. I also want to install the concealed display with band identification on top of my steering wheel. Now I have the navigation so underneath I have the storage shelf and temperature control, I don't know if that makes a difference in terms of wiring, etc.. If anyone could send me step by step instructions I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:16 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you live in north jersey, go to samm sound in west caldwell or englewood and they will do it cheaply and quickly-save you time.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:30 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 337 Likes on 233 Posts

1) Remove the CD holders, center storage tray and the leather sides and carpet sections from the front center console (they all just pull off).

2) Locate the V1 square power adapter unit in the rear of the center cavity area.

3) Run the positive lead from the console cavity area over to the heated seat fuse (it's energized by the key, so V1 goes on-off with car) or other on-off fuse you prefer.

4) Secure ground with the nut at the bottom of central cavity area.

5) Run one cord to the remote display located dead center at the top of steering column. The cord can be run "hidden" to come up from behind the steering column. Use a stiff wire snake and poke it down to the footwell area, attach V1 cord and pull it up through the column and position it in the right spot.

6) Run the other cord to V1 unit located behind the drivers side visor, just to the left of the rear view mirror. You will retain use of the visor. Run the cord under the dash, across toward the drivers side door. Once you reach the outside of the car, tuck the wire in the creases/rubber, etc. until you reach the V1 unit. I planned it so that I had a little excess wire at the end and secured it in the roof mounted light housing, so that in the event of a suction cup failure, the wire is secured and the V1 unit should just dangle (due to telephone style connector) and not fall, thus preventing gouging of any carbon fiber, paint or leather.

7) That's it. No wire visible and the dead center position of the remote alert seems to work very well. This didn't take too long to do - about 1 hour and I had not removed any trim pieces previously.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Quick Reply: Valentine One Installation