Sponsored by:

Dyno results umw

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:56 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Nittos are worth about 2 seconds over street tires at our track. Hoosiers or slicks another 2 seconds quicker than Nittos. As far as the rebuild, it' s not going to be anything crazy. I already have a GT3RSR crankshaft and oil pump that will go in along with Carillo rods and probably Mahle 3.8 pistons/liners. Maybe some head work to see if we can get the engine to savely rev up to 7500 or so. That's about it. The Guard diff has been flawless. Zero noise, zero issues. It just plain works. RUF used to get their diffs from Guard until 2005 when they switched to Porsche Motorsport diffs.

I've been real happy with how the engine has been running with Kevins Turbo package. No issues whatsoever. Obviously part of the UMW package is Kevin's superb after sale 24/7 support which is second to none and hard to put a value on. Many people don't realize that. The rest of the car is pretty much dialed in. My near term changes are a swap out of springs on my suspension next week and then a 997 GT3 vacuum pump retrofit on the engine along with a Motec or Aim datalogger wired into the car in the next month or so.
Thanks for that and good to know the Guard just works. I don't hammer mine hard enough to be opening the engine up anytime soon but always good to have an idea of what's possible if something unfortunate happens and we're in there anyway. Yours is already a weapon, but with those engine mods alongside your ZC turbos, that track suspension and your lightening, your car's performance might not be far off noted super beasts like 'Maya the Bee', Edo's track prepped but road registered - and 997 GT2RS bodied - tuned 996 Turbo with serious aero, huge tires and 'Ring gearing that scorched the Nurburgring in 7:16 or so some years back. Pretty sure yours will look better too, if less distinctive.

One of the most important of the reasons I chose Kevin (beyond his ability to work as if he lives next door despite being umpteen time zones away) is that he typically tunes for reliability, then useable torque, then power, so I'd think that whatever track sensible tune you dyno would be capable of even higher numbers if tweaked up temporarily for an all-out 'Ring challenge or the like. Like yourself by the looks of it, I am reluctant to trade away the quick spool of K16s - so K16 hybrids may yet lie in my car's future too.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Tuxiemama
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
The stock clutch doesn't hold my cars at 500whp.. I'm pretty sure that I have some "good" data with all my clutch sales over the years..

I don't recommend the stock pressure plate and a GT2 disk.. If you are spending the monies on labor to remove the tranny, you better off spending a little more money on the Sachs 764 pressure plate vs the 752.. This will allow one to upgrade to higher output turbochargers..
Excellent advice as always

My clutch had some minor, once off slippage when the car was around 530 bhp and 600 or so crank talk... was running out of fuel with DC% >>> 100 etc... so we;

Upgraded the fueling system with Walbro 400 E85 pump, new fuel lines, ID1000s, new Eurodyne tune and was pulling crazy quick 30-100 mph and 60-100 mph numbers until after the 3rd or 4th 3rd gear pull the clutch slipped like hell, car didnt want to race quickly above 4800 rpms.

New clutch going in now

Anyone with an aftermarket stage 2 set up (tune, exhaust etc) is going to be at or beyond the limit of both the clutch and fueling system on 996TT or TTS.

Quick Reply: Dyno results umw