Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic Tunes SALE! - Software Company...New Site & No Vivid!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 02:05 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Softronic Tunes SALE! - Software Company...New Site & No Vivid!

Softronic Tunes SALE! - Software Company...New Site & No Vivid!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys ...

Posted this on 997 Turbo section and looks like Scott is offering a sale on the 996 TT tunes as well....Just wanted to clue you in so you could take advantage if interested!

Take care,
DC

Link to my 997 Turbo Post:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/

My Post:

Softronic Tunes - Software Company...New Site & No Vivid!
Hi Guys...

I have seen a number of posts on this site and others like Rennlist, Renntech, etc. regarding VividRacing and Softronic tunes, and there seems to be a lot of confusion... Even one post that said Softronic out of business?...because they clicked a link that was moved.....Also lots of you 6Speeders on the fence about getting a tune!

So I did a little research (on my own)...Nothing here formal or sanctioned by either Softronic or Vivid of course ...But hope it is useful/helpful.

I found that www.softronicsoftware.com is the official site and unique distributor for the Softronic tunes...confusing because some other sites sound similar like Softronictuning.com! Unbelievably (to me)...if you Google Softronic and click the Softronictuning.com link it takes you to Vivid's new tuning site?? How can that be OK??

Anyway...many of the sites that have Softronic in the url have been updated to redirect you to the REAL Softronic site @ www.softronicsoftware.com.

So, as for the tune etc...I have no inside knowledge, but found it interesting that on the 997 (and possibly other) sections of the new Vivid tune site, they are using the same Dyno's and images as Softronic tunes when they sold it???...Just check the dates etc...I actually bought my Softronic tune from Vivid, and had no idea of the setup/relationship/or how it worked...but I downloaded and saved all the documentation, because I am ****.

My first impressions of Softronic service when I bought it were not that good actually...WHY?? Because I did not know Vivid and Softronic were different companies....When I had a CEL and called Vivid, I got jacked around and frustrated....Dan connected me with Scott (who I now know owns Softronic) and he sorted it all out for me.....Then got solicited by Vivid to write a favorable impression here...which I did....including the service that I thought was Vivid/Softronic as one company, but actually was Scott who got me straight. Since then I have been very appreciative of Scott's support and willingness to always help (This dude is one smart Marine!).

So Vivid has a tune.... I have no idea about it except all the similarities I see from when I got my Softronic tune from them and downloaded all the documentation. Is it any good? No idea....Would not try it personally..but just my opinion.

So not looking to start a tune war...Please..Please...Please! Everyone get the one you like/want/prefer...tastes the best...whatever...

I just personally know I love my Softronic tune, and has been trouble free for a long while now...I took it off once and could not believe how Slow the car felt ...Anyone on the fence...Get a tune and an exhaust and you will have enough power to kill yourself

I know Scott periodically reads through and responds to posts, so maybe as he ventures out on his new start with his brand, he may be willing to offer all these loyal and potential 6Speeder Turbo speed junkies a group buy? Or Special deal??

Hope this was helpful...clarified some of the recent confusion...and most of all...Helps some of you "on the fencers" get a good deal on a great tune (Softronic).....All this of course is MY OPINION....nothing more.

DC

Quick Reply: Softronic Tunes SALE! - Software Company...New Site & No Vivid!