Sponsored by:

Rss engine mounts impressions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:02 PM
BOBBYFALI
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rss engine mounts impressions

I would like to say thanks to all that wrote up "How To's" and for those that gave detailed advice on how to install the RSS's! I couldn't believe that something was actually so easy and straight forward to do on a 911!! I am not mechanically inclined nor do I have the patience, so I was surprised that the part I thought would be hard (the bottom bolts) were right in your face unobstructed when you got under the car! I was waiting for something to "get" me in the install, like you had to go around a maze to get to bolt or something, but none!

The first thing I noticed was that these motor mounts are a work of art like my other RSS pieces. Smooth edges, great finish and fit like a glove! It went in with NO MODIFICATIONS as I have read others had to do on the 964RS, WEVO and the solid mounts.

When I fired her up there was a VERY,VERY,VERY small vibration under idle, but most would not even notice it, but give it to my audiophile ears to hear it. The car felt no different under any other throttle input coming to any noise or vibration.

That is where the similarities end! How can a small AFFORDABLE part make such an impact (as in good) in the overall precision of this car! I didn't even push the car being it was late when I finished the install, so I am just talking about casual, light spirited driving and figure these benefits will heighten as you push the car.

My gears even under REGULAR driving seam to be clicking in gear easer and feel more directly connected to the gear box. Directional change feels like the front wheels and the rears are in a slot in the road. Turn in is crisper as I feel the rear now are not just reacting, but already knows what the front wheels are doing directional wise. If I throw the car in a turn the breaking loose or the "sliding" of the rear tires are so predictable and liner now. The car is just more precises in all that it does now.

I purchased this machine a year ago and even though there has been much money put toward getting it where it is, I absolutely do not regret my decision to get a 911T & build a balanced machine! These machines when done right are such an overall world class performer from looks, handling, braking, usable/street able power, balance and can run with the best of cars out there!

I have 997 tranny mounts on the way now and am excited to feel the overall difference!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Attached Images    

Last edited by BOBBYFALI; 06-04-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:09 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

why would you want the 997 mounts if you have the rss? go ahead and check the tranny mount for tears. the window weld 20$ fix is easy and worth every penny
Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 PM
BOBBYFALI
Advanced

Sorry,

I mean tranny mounts!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:42 AM
fly2low
Rennlist Member

you will like the combo
Old 06-05-2013, 10:35 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Motor mount upgrades are the cheapest, high impact upgrade you can do. I don't know why everyone doesn't just do it.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Tytus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For a Tip car would the results be more or less dramatic or same difference?

Tytus
Old 06-05-2013, 02:48 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They are nice. You feel a very slight difference from stock to RSS, IMO.
Best is the Solids. I love them. Perfect for me. Makes the car feel AMAZING.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:03 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tytus
For a Tip car would the results be more or less dramatic or same difference?

Tytus
Handling wise, I would think you would see similar improvements. You wouldn't get the shifting improvements since... well... you don't shift.

What they do is control the motor movement better. You don't get as much lateral or longitudinal torquing of the motor under stress. This translates to more precise handling, better power transfer to the wheels, and crisper shifting since the shift cables stay straighter.

At least that's my take on it.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:51 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SSST
What they do is control the motor movement better. You don't get as much lateral or longitudinal torquing of the motor under stress. This translates to more precise handling, better power transfer to the wheels

At least that's my take on it.
that's a very good take.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:31 AM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
They are nice. You feel a very slight difference from stock to RSS, IMO.
Best is the Solids. I love them. Perfect for me. Makes the car feel AMAZING.
Agree. The car feels like a gokart with solids.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:13 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBBYFALI
I would like to say thanks to all that wrote up "How To's" and for those that gave detailed advice on how to install the RSS's! I couldn't believe that something was actually so easy and straight forward to do on a 911!! I am not mechanically inclined nor do I have the patience, so I was surprised that the part I thought would be hard (the bottom bolts) were right in your face unobstructed when you got under the car! I was waiting for something to "get" me in the install, like you had to go around a maze to get to bolt or something, but none!

The first thing I noticed was that these motor mounts are a work of art like my other RSS pieces. Smooth edges, great finish and fit like a glove! It went in with NO MODIFICATIONS as I have read others had to do on the 964RS, WEVO and the solid mounts.

When I fired her up there was a VERY,VERY,VERY small vibration under idle, but most would not even notice it, but give it to my audiophile ears to hear it. The car felt no different under any other throttle input coming to any noise or vibration.

That is where the similarities end! How can a small AFFORDABLE part make such an impact (as in good) in the overall precision of this car! I didn't even push the car being it was late when I finished the install, so I am just talking about casual, light spirited driving and figure these benefits will heighten as you push the car.

My gears even under REGULAR driving seam to be clicking in gear easer and feel more directly connected to the gear box. Directional change feels like the front wheels and the rears are in a slot in the road. Turn in is crisper as I feel the rear now are not just reacting, but already knows what the front wheels are doing directional wise. If I throw the car in a turn the breaking loose or the "sliding" of the rear tires are so predictable and liner now. The car is just more precises in all that it does now.

I purchased this machine a year ago and even though there has been much money put toward getting it where it is, I absolutely do not regret my decision to get a 911T & build a balanced machine! These machines when done right are such an overall world class performer from looks, handling, braking, usable/street able power, balance and can run with the best of cars out there!

I have 997 tranny mounts on the way now and am excited to feel the overall difference!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Hi Bobby,

Great review,

can you let me know where you purchased your Rs mounts and how much you paid for them.

Thanks in advance.

James
Old 06-14-2013, 03:00 AM
BOBBYFALI
Advanced

Originally Posted by James88
Hi Bobby,

Great review,

can you let me know where you purchased your Rs mounts and how much you paid for them.

Thanks in advance.

James
NP, you have PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:21 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBBYFALI
NP, you have PM.
Thanks but have not received it...yet

Quick Reply: Rss engine mounts impressions