Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Motorwerks 2013 Spring Tuning Special $975.00

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:35 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 343 Posts

Believe my GT2 has EVOMS tuning, any issue changing that out with UMW?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

993GT, I would recommend that you reach out to EVOM's if you have any questions. While I would like to bring you on board as a customer, I don't think that it's prudent for you to jump ship. With that said, I have posted before on threads that for those that are having issues or unknown tunes I would offer to help and reflash the ECU's..
Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the reply Kevin, have read many prior threads as well, believe a UMW tune is ultimately the path for me as I value consistency and reliable far above peak HP readings, etc.,
When I'm ready to start making some changes I'll see what EVOMS says...maybe your datalogger is my starting point, also if my Spec clutch doesn't 'bed-in' better or likewise cure its chatter will also talk with you about a new clutch setup.
Cheers,
Old 04-23-2013, 02:46 AM
rathersmart
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sent an email
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM
oMenRC51
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Misplacedyankee
All -- Not that Kevin needs it, but I got my tune done yesterday on my x-50 turbo. Love it. Kevin is great and so easy to work with. Tip top overall if anyone has reservations. Best $1K you could ever spend on your 911. Hands down.
+1

My car is now a effing ROCKET!
Old 04-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 321 Posts

Not that Kevin needs any more cheerleading, but the post he made below illustrates exactly why I feel he's such a great tuner and resource for the Porsche community. He did the same for me about 4 years ago when I asked about his tune versus another one I already had. I can tell you that he's given me a few hours worth of phone and e-mail consultation over the years (including troubleshooting ECU questions on a former competitors tune), and I would absolutely love to give him my business sometime.

Kevin, based on a phone conversation you and I had a few months ago, I've switched all my vehicles over to non-ethanol based fuel. All of them are performing better as a result. Thank you so much for your insights!

Originally Posted by Kevin
993GT, I would recommend that you reach out to EVOM's if you have any questions. While I would like to bring you on board as a customer, I don't think that it's prudent for you to jump ship. With that said, I have posted before on threads that for those that are having issues or unknown tunes I would offer to help and reflash the ECU's..
Old 07-24-2013, 10:39 AM
mbgt72
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious, I know you offer all sorts of turbo options and various paths to go down, but is all your pricing just via PM? I've gone to the UMW website several times and its very hard to get any real data from it.

At this point I just picked up a 01 996tt with 68k. I've always been a big modded and already want more as it doesn't have that raw feeling like my last car did. However I want to keep the mods relatively easy to bolt ons and price.

I've been considering doing a tune & billet k16's or doing a tune and picking up some stock k24's with the plan in a year or two to then make them billets. I've already ordered an boost hose tester, forge boost hose kit, 710n DV's (reading sounds like they're a pain so do boost hoses at the same time and only do it once) and a 5bar fpr. I want to go through the car and check everything out before beginning the mod craze, but I'd like to get a better idea on the route to go forward and products you offer/pricing.

I'm a bit of a 1/4 guy, and with that said any info you can relay regarding performance of your products in the 1/4 would be appreciated. I really was shooting for a low 11sec car right at 130 trap (thinking 525whp-550whp), but in the 996 that seems like it's more difficult then I guessed and takes 600-650+ whp. I was coming from Audi sedans and they were hitting close to that mark with 550whp with far less TQ in 2ton sedans.

Anyhow. A bit long winded, but I've been reading forums like crazy and that has answered many questions but raised several more. Exhaust is also to come, but as of now, I can't stomach the retail or used prices I've seen on this car for 5ft of piping. Still getting used to the Porsche tax haha. And sorry for any typos, all posted from an iPhone.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

mbgt72, congrats on the new car.. To reach low 11's and 130 trap, it's rare to get there on a stock weighted 996TT with a 5bar, turbochargers, and stock injectors.. Typically one will need a fueling kit, and race gas to get you there. Feel free to call me or email me..
Old 07-24-2013, 12:28 PM
mbgt72
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
mbgt72, congrats on the new car.. To reach low 11's and 130 trap, it's rare to get there on a stock weighted 996TT with a 5bar, turbochargers, and stock injectors.. Typically one will need a fueling kit, and race gas to get you there. Feel free to call me or email me..
Thanks Kevin, I'll probably be giving you a call later today.

And yes, sorry I didn't mean 5bar/stock/stock+ components could do it. I was simply meaning I wanted a 10.8-11.2 ET for an ending goal for my modding (not the starting place). I should have explained that better. It was just the goal I was personally setting so the modding slope hopefully doesn't get too slippery.

I figured the 5bar was pretty applicable as a starting place for a base tune with stock k16's while I wait and try to figure out what direction to go with the turbos and everything else. I also just bought a new house in the same month, so everything has been a bit crazy and cash has been flying out the window lol!

I'll call ya kevin, it seems like you know what the deal is and not selling shiny dyno plots or boosted hype.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Kevin,
PM sent your way.
Thanks,

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks 2013 Spring Tuning Special $975.00