Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part 2: still having boost issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 PM
The NSX dude
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

MAF it is, picking car up friday morning. The dealer claimed the MAF unit they originally tried was bad too. Not sure how thats possible but regardless, the test drove all afternoon and they are happy to report, issue hasnt reappeared at all she felt very fast.

Finally, the ordeal appears to be over. Now to enjoy my new car.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Be careful with the new power...
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

thats great...hate chasing small problems that become big problems out of aggrevation since you cant pin point
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

YEEEEESSSSSS

Its going to be a good weekend!

Im still jealous of your beautiful yellow.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Tytus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great to hear Mike, I was told by Kevin that the MAF is basically a maintenance item and should be replaced periodically as it has a lot of control over the performance of the car. Hope to see you on the road soon, enjoy in the meantime.

Tytus
Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Did you pick it up Mike? How is it?

I hope that the weather cooperates for you to get a ton of much deserved smiles in. You've been more patient than I could have been!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:12 PM
The NSX dude
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Did you pick it up Mike? How is it?

I hope that the weather cooperates for you to get a ton of much deserved smiles in. You've been more patient than I could have been!
Sadly, we have snow and bad weather coming but I did get the car.

It is amazing, Im so happy right now. I just did that peek in the garage move where you check to make sure your not dreaming.

So fast and the 997 shifter is night and day. Spring is around the corner so Im ready for action.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:51 AM
FineProperty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo4 me
A year or so back, mine was acting similar. I tested the MAF and it was good; did plugs, coils, etc.- the problem was still there.

A guy on RennTech said to unplug the MAF and drive the car- I did that and it drove like a rocket. Replaced the MAF and problem solved.

Point is, a MAF can test good and still be bad.
I just had to chime in here. I've been working through the rough running, bog, felt like fuel cut off, 4000rpm and up fall on it's face, issue. Billet diverter's were one of my guesses, but they were new. Vivid tune was the last mod, the suggestion was a step colder plug. That seemed unlikely as my stock heat range plugs are only a year old.
Cleaned the MAF and got marginally better results. Read turbo4me's post about unplugging the MAF tonight. Went out and ran to a location with little traffic, unplugged, and runs better now that it has since I bought it. New MAF on order. Curious how much damage I could do running with it unplugged, but I'll wait for the MAF to show up.
Thanks for the unplug MAF tip!
Old 07-07-2015, 10:28 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by FineProperty
Vivid tune was the last mod, the suggestion was a step colder plug. That seemed unlikely as my stock heat range plugs are only a year old.
Cleaned the MAF and got marginally better results. Read turbo4me's post about unplugging the MAF tonight. Went out and ran to a location with little traffic, unplugged, and runs better now that it has since I bought it. New MAF on order. Curious how much damage I could do running with it unplugged, but I'll wait for the MAF to show up.
Thanks for the unplug MAF tip!
i've always been told to run w maf unplugged only as long as you're attempting to eliminate or pinpoint the maf as the cause of "issues", but that it won't "harm" anything, just stay out of "boost" while its unplugged.

also, any "tuned" car will benefit from running a "6" plug instead of the stock "5". the recommendation they gave =is time honored as is changing the plugs more often as the mods step up. the 1.2 cars tend to burn up plugs faster than a stock car. i think that is safe to say.

stock gt2 plugs will serve you well. they are 6, not 5's.

good luck with it, a new maf will often be a new lease on life for the car. amazingly important little piece of work it is.

Quick Reply: Part 2: still having boost issues