Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedtech on my Turbo S ...Fabulous !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 PM
crazyfrog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedtech on my Turbo S ...Fabulous !!!

Took the plunge and went for the Speedtech crossflow system.

The set up I have is 100cells cats, 3" link pipes, 2.5" muffler, 3" rounded tips.

I think it is called the 2.5" Sport . Just sound absolutly fabulous . Difference compare to stock exhaust is pretty big, car is pulling really hard from low down to the red zone. When cruising you can hear the exhaust but it isn't boomy/drony at all as soon you open the tap it is just smashing , very deep racy sound . I did try with the 2.5 tips but the sound wasn't brillant especially higher in the rev band on full load. May be different with K16 ? (mine have K24). So I went with the 3" tips and damn it did change the sound

I got first the 3" Loud wich is the same system but with the 3" muffler but it was very drony and it did make everything in the cabin vibrate like hell !! Cruising along was really painful . Ok if you are single , have no kids and you are deaf!!!!

John've been great and we found a solution at the end.

Quality of the system is top notch , welding is top quality( and I am a fussy f.cker) and it is really easy to assemble. If you are looking for a good exhaust system at a reasonable price don't search further the Speedtech is the one to have .

Last edited by crazyfrog; 11-17-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 PM
928drvr86.5
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I need this.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:40 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 235 Posts

Hi Steph,

It's nice to hear your very positive comments about the sound/build quality and I'm also glad to see we dialed in the sound level perfectly, to fit your sound goals!

Yours is a classic example of how our system is very flexible after the purchase, in the event the customer desires a sound change upward or downward, either right away or years later. With most aftermarket exhausts you are stuck with the sound you receive and that's it. A lot of people find they are disappointed after they install their new system and there is nothing they can do about it. We have designed a number of components to adjust the sound level of our SpeedTech X-cellerator exhaust with simple modular swaps in an effort to offer a solution to this ongoing issue. We feel it is a real value added feature.

Since we have extensively tested all the various combinations of our components, we are uniquely qualified to advise a customer which system configuration is best suited to their goals or what component is best for a desired sound adjustment. We don't make these types of adjustments often, just a few times per year, as most customers initially pick the correct sound level the first time. However, when we do and then the customer is happy like yourself, it makes us feel great that we are able to give the customer what they want, as we understand an exhaust is a major purchase and it would unfortunate to spend the money and be stuck with a less than desired product.

Thanks again for the confidence you have placed in us! It was a pleasure working with you.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Old 11-19-2012, 06:18 PM
crazyfrog
Instructor

Love that sound on cold start !!! In tunnels ......OMFG !!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Steph,

I know what you mean and I totally agree!

The cold start-up idle sounds fantastic and just lets you know you are in for a memorable driving experience. Then once you begin to row thru the gears, our unique GT3-like sound really shines....in tunnels, well now you know, it's absolutely stunning to anyone within at least 1/2 mile!

Again, very pleased to hear your feedback!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 PM
928drvr86.5
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

PM sent!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:05 PM
crazyfrog
Instructor

No Complains from ny neighbours so far .....actually the opposite !!! One off them love it !! and he is about 70 years old and not deaf at all !!!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:11 PM
uschoice
Rennlist Member

I also just recently put on a Speedtech 2.5" x-flow, and am enjoying it more and more. I thought I'd move up to the 3" tips, but I'm not so sure now. The car doesn't get used much, but it seems to be sounding better the more it gets driven. This "quiet" version isn't any dumbed down system at all. It has a great cold start burbling sound, you can hear the turbos spooling even when just at around town driving acceleration, and is fantastic at heavy throttle. This is a great mod.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 PM
ChadNH
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by uschoice
I also just recently put on a Speedtech 2.5" x-flow, and am enjoying it more and more. I thought I'd move up to the 3" tips, but I'm not so sure now. The car doesn't get used much, but it seems to be sounding better the more it gets driven. This "quiet" version isn't any dumbed down system at all. It has a great cold start burbling sound, you can hear the turbos spooling even when just at around town driving acceleration, and is fantastic at heavy throttle. This is a great mod.
Exhausts tend to "break in" over time and change tone slightly, normally for the better IMO. That is probably what you are hearing. Hearing the turbo's spooling is my favorite as well!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 AM
crazyfrog
Instructor

Been driving it all week and last weekend. I just love it !!!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 PM
ChadNH
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by crazyfrog
Been driving it all week and last weekend. I just love it !!!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:59 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Anyone have experience with a Milltek compared to the SpeedTech? Would the Speedtech 2.5 with 3.0 tips being comparable in sound to my Milltek?

I love the sound of the XFlow exhausts and the turbo whistle (which I don't hear with the Milltek), but don't want to amplify the sound too much more than my current setup..
Old 12-15-2012, 03:02 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have personally used both and will say that I feel the SpeedTech is higher pitched and less boomy, which IMO, equates to a lot more cabin comfort at lower RPM's. The SpeedTech 2.5 system is slightly quieter and higher pitched and you certainly hear the turbos whistle. The 2.5 with 3.0 tips, which we refer to as the "sport" sound option is about the same sound level as the Milltek, but again, it's higher pitched and sounds much like the 997 GT3 exhaust, which is a very desirable sound! Again, plenty of turbo whistle and a slightly more aggressive sound than the 2.5 quiet. Both the 2.5 quiet and the 2.5 sport are very, very good choices...

If you would like, feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, I can probably offer some good insight, as I have driven the Milltek quite a few miles.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:29 PM
crazyfrog
Instructor

Bought a new car and went to pick it up today with a friend . I took the turbo to go there. I drove my new car back home and my friend drove my Porker....I was following him and did ask him to open the tap on some double carriage way. OMG what a sound !!! Incredible really. I couldn't believe how good it was. . Even when he was pulling away through the gears I could still hear the car even really far away !! When cruising behind him I could hear the exhaust but it wasn't over the top at all. When we arrived at home I had to fight with my friend to get the keys back of him !!!!!! :-)
Old 12-26-2012, 03:29 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I've also had Miltek system and thought it flowed well, but was too quiet in the higher RPMs for me. Worked great at LSeca as it was below 92db, but lacked the sole I needed. After trying several others including Switzer @ FVDStraight pipes I finally gave in and called John. He sorted me out with a 3.0/100cell/+ LS 2.5 tips.

I love the system 1 year later and looking forward to another track season next year. Our first event is Laguna Seca 105DB end of March!

Quick Reply: Speedtech on my Turbo S ...Fabulous !!!