Hands Free Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

If you have a CDR single-din radio, you cannot integrate BT through the system, but a Parrot (3100/3200) can be wired in a way to mute the audio, play the call through, and you'd just have a small piece near your cd holder if you want. I had this on my older C4S w/CDR.

The Dension Gateway 500 (we offer) will work on CDR and PCM, for iPod, USB and Aux. But Bluetooth is not possible into the optic loop without PCM and phone buttons.

There are other options around mostly using Parrot. Dension does not use Parrot, but other products do.

Email me anytime w/questions: eric@bumperplugs.com

Good luck, and welcome to the family.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 AM
petonic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSST
I tried the Dension solution, but there is just way too much background noise for it to be useful. I have found a good BT earpiece with high end noise cancellation to be the most effective solution.
This is exactly what I do. I used a Jawbone Era, which has got very effective background noise canceling. I have a USB charger in the cig lighter spot, and I keep it in the car. When I receive a call, I just switch it on and take the call on my Jawbone.

Believe it or not, it event works effectively enough with the top down and driving around 65 or so (with rear windscreen).

They can still tell that you're driving, but you're intelligible and easy to understand.

I can't imagine that a built-in speaker system would provide nearly the same amount of noise cancelation.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:25 PM
clorigo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am with you - wanting to do the same thing and also with an '03 Turbo with a Bose and CDR-23 with disc changer. Only solution I've found in my research has been to replace the system. Right now I am using a Motorola Roadster 2. Allows Bluetooth and can also use fm modulation to even talk through the stereo. The sound isn't great but it works.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:22 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
I

The Dension Gateway 500 (we offer) will work on CDR and PCM, for iPod, USB and Aux. But Bluetooth is not possible into the optic loop without PCM and phone buttons.

There are other options around mostly using Parrot. Dension does not use Parrot, but other products do.
I have PCM but 'no phone button'

I use a Dension gateway 500 AND a Parrot MKi9200. Bluetooth phone (iphone) into the optic loop. (and BT audio too)

Annoying to have to buy both, but it works

Quick Reply: Hands Free Kit