Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a set of Bilstein pss10's...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 02:51 AM
motts
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Ordered a set of Bilstein pss10's...

From Tire-rack lowest I could find. My current set up is stock shocks and H&R lower springs I dont like it my car is to low and its bone shuddering. So after reading allot of posts on this and other forums decided to go with the bilstein's.
I think and hope I made the right choice.
Few questions that I have:
1. Can I start with just the pss10 and after add on some other components or not if not what are they, I dont want to spend a bunch more money at this point.(wife,kids,shoes, dresses...etc)
2. Best set up for street ocasional driving mostly weekends.
3. I dont want the car very low as close as possible to stock height but with improved handling. Here is a pick of the way the car is now.
4. From everything I read Bilstein's pss10 are compatible with my 2005 turbo s but it does not hurt to ask the experts, it is-right?

I am sure I will come up with some other questions as I get answers.
Thanks to ALL in advance.
Motts.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:35 AM
fstede1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the PSS9 set up, on my 04 when I bought it in 2007. Took some time to get the settings right. Finally got the ride not to hard and the stance right. Street use only and handles like a friggen slot car. Enjoy your set up.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 AM
pnamueller
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have pss9 on my tt. I also have camber plates and other stuff. Mine is not as low as yours. I specified mine to be lowered to gt2 ride height. Its low, but not low enough that I scrape on everything. Handles great.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 AM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

My '04 Turbo is stock, firm riding but comfortable. My DD is a lifted Jeep and rides stiffer but still OK. I did test ride a couple of times an '01 Turbo with PSS9s in the middle of winter and it was bone jarring. Possibly the dampening was set too hard or the cold weather made it ride quite rough. Every bump on the freeway made my kidneys ache. It reminded me of hardtail chopped Harley's I used to ride.

Don't let my experience influence you, just stating I think the car I drove was not set up properly or it firmed up due to cold weather.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Nikon FM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the PSS10s in my 03 996TT and they are great! The damping adjustments are really easy and the range makes for a good DD or occasional track car. Go for it!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 AM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently installed the PSS10s and found they made the car ride smoother than the factory shocks. I keep mine at 2 at all 4 corners and my alignment and height is GT2. Car is much more enjoyable to drive with just the PSS10s. I would recommend one change at a time and I doubt you will need anything else based on what you said in your original post of how you use the car. I would recommend lowering the car and having a rake for better handling. My car was setup by racing guru Chris Cervelli and I never question the master and he never has failed me.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 AM
motts
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mmporsche
I recently installed the PSS10s and found they made the car ride smoother than the factory shocks. I keep mine at 2 at all 4 corners and my alignment and height is GT2. Car is much more enjoyable to drive with just the PSS10s. I would recommend one change at a time and I doubt you will need anything else based on what you said in your original post of how you use the car. I would recommend lowering the car and having a rake for better handling. My car was setup by racing guru Chris Cervelli and I never question the master and he never has failed me.
First let me say I love the way your car looks!!! Unfortunately for me I cant have a white car its a jinx to me I totaled two white cars and not willing to go for another one. Did you get it installed by the "racing guru Chris Cervelli" or did he just set it up for you? Because my mechanic is a very good friend of mine that works on high end cars and if he wants to be he can be pretty amazing with his hands so am sure that he will install it correctly, but as far as the setup is concerned I was going to go to Stevenson to have it done and aligned after the install. I gathered allot INF of this and forum and 6speed and couple of other forums. But if I can have Chris do the setup, I think that may be the best route to take the car to your guy. If I can have his contact number or address I would be glad to give him the business. Please let me hear your thoughts on this issue. PM me.
Thanks again.
Sincerely Motts.

PS hate
Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Hey Motts,

I should have been clearer in my message but Cervelli did it all, I will pm you with his contact information. Anyone that knows Chris on RL will vouch for him.

MM
Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 PM
motts
Rennlist Member

Thank you for your recommendation on the installer Chris! Night and day compare to the previous set up H&R lowering springs vs pss10's.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:23 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by motts
Thank you for your recommendation on the installer Chris! Night and day compare to the previous set up H&R lowering springs vs pss10's.
I am glad you are happy, not that I was concerned. Chris is a rare find and we are lucky to have him in Denver.

Quick Reply: Ordered a set of Bilstein pss10's...