Sponsored by:

GT2 Slave Clutch Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 PM
wilson234
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT2 Slave Clutch Upgrade

Looking for feedback from a 996TT owner that went from OEM clutch set-up to removing the clutch booster spring and then took it one more level by upgrading to the GT2 Kit that eliminates the entire hydrolic assist clutch.

I recently took out the clutch booster spring and like the improved feel, but was curious if the GT2 set up made a further improvement, and by how much? Obviously the booster spring removal was a free upgrade, but I would be willing to spend the $$ and labor time if the GT2 kit would give me the feel of a GT2 or GT3 clutch engagement.

I have a 997.1TT, but it doesnt appear too many have done this mod as the 996 crowd so I post the question here.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 PM
speedtrapped
Intermediate

I am all set with parts. I too removed spring and it was better. I currently run a CM fiber tough with OEM dual mass. I drove blockheads gt2 slave conversion, def need a more push from calf muscle, but engagement is " obvious" or responsive. Not sure how 1st is on a 997 manual, but on the 996 it's to soft, seems like it floats.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Nikon FM
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wilson234
Looking for feedback from a 996TT owner that went from OEM clutch set-up to removing the clutch booster spring and then took it one more level by upgrading to the GT2 Kit that eliminates the entire hydrolic assist clutch.

I recently took out the clutch booster spring and like the improved feel, but was curious if the GT2 set up made a further improvement, and by how much? Obviously the booster spring removal was a free upgrade, but I would be willing to spend the $$ and labor time if the GT2 kit would give me the feel of a GT2 or GT3 clutch engagement.

I have a 997.1TT, but it doesnt appear too many have done this mod as the 996 crowd so I post the question here.

I'm hopefully getting the conversion done (and a bunch of other stuff) next week. I'll post up about a week after that.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:11 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by wilson234

The GT2 conversion will provide a more direct link between the driver input and the action of the clutch. It provides complete and very precise control. Whatever you do with the pedal is transmitted immediately to the clutch and you can "feel" the actions of your input, as it is happening. Feathering the clutch becomes intuitive. It provides perfect control of the clutch and eliminates the "vague' feel of the power assisted version.

If you are interested, we have provided these kits for many very satisfied customers and can help you with any questions you may have ...Personally, I have been using a non-assisted GT2 set-up for many years now and absolutely love it.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Old 05-25-2016, 02:33 PM
Jeff_DML
Instructor

bump, any link to more info on clutch booster spring removal? Searched this forum and no relevant results came up

TIA
jeff
Old 05-25-2016, 09:18 PM
TheKane
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 26 Posts

It's easy to pull the spring unit out. I did it myself a few years ago, but didn't take pictures. I also love the GT2 clutch conversion. Great predictive feel, and it handles power increases over 550hp. If you're running around 500hp, then stock would be fine.

Quick Reply: GT2 Slave Clutch Upgrade