Sponsored by:

Pagid ORANGE or YELLOW..??

Old 08-20-2012, 01:03 PM
TachiF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pagid ORANGE or YELLOW..??

Hi !!

Im about to change my Pads for my Stage 2a UMW 996TT. Im been using the Stock pads but now that I had made FEW mod's on my car Im looking for more / better "stopping / brakes". Had heard a lot about Pagid Orange & Yellow.... I DONT do much Track BUT definitely seeking for better / safer on the Road.... Noise is not an issue (unless) is too noisy.

WHats the main difference on both (Orange and Yellow) and which should I use.

Thanks

Roberto
Old 08-20-2012, 02:10 PM
fly2low
Rennlist Member

both are track pads and work best with the heat built up whi;e tracking the car. For track purposes, yellow front and black rear worked very well for me
ask Kevin
suspect he will recommend upgrading system to GT2/3 size system - and suspect he may be right for you application of manly street use
Old 08-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Tytus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do not use Orange...They do not dissipate heat well. I have had rotors warp and pads come out in crumbles. They both squeal like a banshee so you may want to stay with stock pads if you don't like the noise. If you track you need to go to a race pad but don't use orange.

Tytus
Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

for street stay stock. if you are looking for safety, the pagids won;t work well when cold and will squeel like crazy. with stock you have over 1000 braking horse power.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:49 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried
Orange/black/yellows

All versions.

My best setup thus far is

PFC01's up front and

Pagid Black in the rear.

I have recently purchased PFC 01 ' ( I think it was) for the rear's. I can't wait to try it.

IMO. The pagids are great when hot, but not enough force for my liking. They last a long time.

All race pads squeak like mad. No way around it. Period.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:15 AM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the street you are much better off staying with stock. MUCH better cold bite and no noise. If you are going to the track only occasionally, just drop in a set of any of the racing pads mentioned, do a good bed in procedure and enjoy. I would not keep the high performance pads in while on the street. Not safe and the noise is annoying. (ask me how I know
I run the Pagid Yellow/Black set up but the car is 99% track.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TachiF
Hi !!

Im about to change my Pads for my Stage 2a UMW 996TT. Im been using the Stock pads but now that I had made FEW mod's on my car Im looking for more / better "stopping / brakes". Had heard a lot about Pagid Orange & Yellow.... I DONT do much Track BUT definitely seeking for better / safer on the Road.... Noise is not an issue (unless) is too noisy.

WHats the main difference on both (Orange and Yellow) and which should I use.

Thanks

Roberto
Hi Roberto,

For hard road use, you might like Pagid's Sport pads; RS 4-2-1. These work at higher operating temps than the OEM pads and make a little more dust for that effort.

Unless you are doing DE events, I would not advise using any of Pagid's race pads (or anyone else's for that matter). Most folks swap their track and street pads back & forth as needed for each occasion.

Tytus,

Sounds to me like you over-heated your Orange pads and thats no fault of that compound. In many cases, we use rotor temp paints to measure peak operating temperatures and base the pad choice on that information.

Some of these cars have too much front brake bias which leaves the lion's share of heat dissipation up front and rears doing little of the overall task. In situations like these, we install a higher friction rear pad to relieve some that load from the front end.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Tytus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
Hi Roberto,

Tytus,

Sounds to me like you over-heated your Orange pads and thats no fault of that compound. In many cases, we use rotor temp paints to measure peak operating temperatures and base the pad choice on that information.

Some of these cars have too much front brake bias which leaves the lion's share of heat dissipation up front and rears doing little of the overall task. In situations like these, we install a higher friction rear pad to relieve some that load from the front end.
As you stated about brake bias, in this car the orange pads in the front get overcooked. I have had no issues using yellow in front and black in rear.

Tytus
Old 08-25-2012, 12:38 AM
tylerfarner
Advanced

I have a full set of Pagid Yellows for sale that have one (mild) track day on them. They are noisy for street use, but the pads are really easy to swap out if you are doing track days. I am asking $450. PM me or text/call 515-290-1319
Old 10-20-2012, 10:07 AM
rosedai
Banned

I'd have to guess it was a salvage and RAC picked it up for almost nothing and used it to show-off their abilities. That doesn't make it a bad car, but it would be important to know what happened to it. casquette new york pas cher casquette ny pas cher
Acheter Bijoux

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pagid ORANGE or YELLOW..??