Sponsored by:

996tt x50 vs 997 gt3

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:47 AM
NYC996x50
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jellonailer
If you know bikes the X50 is like a Ducati, probably like a 996/998. The GT3 is more like a Triumph Street Triple.

Ducati to Ducati it would be 996/998 vs. 848/748.
so i'm guessing a ferrari 360 would be the 1098?
Old 08-13-2012, 06:28 PM
crazyfrog
Instructor

I have done many track days and this is my opinion:

GT3 : it is a track car you can use on the road. It is hard to get the opportunity to exploite that car on public road.....You need to push them flat out to get the tyres to temperature to be able to enjoy the huge grip It is a high reiving engine but the torque is not great . If you plan to do a lot of trackdays, this is the weapon to have . Been at Silverstone in a GT3 RS and damn it was awesome !!!!

Turbo: It is a GT car , a real weapon on public road , you can use it on track but will not be great on small racetrack as it is a bit heavy. Will be at home on big circuit like Nurburgring. This car has a huge amount of power but the most important (to me anyway) is the amount of torque delivered from low down in the rev band !! For the road it is perfect.

I wanted to buy a GT3 but I knew I wouldn't be able to ge some joy on the road, over here anyway.....in UK road are not brillant and the sun is not always shining...

It is really two different animals, the chose is yours.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 PM
NYC996x50
Instructor

i like this response

Originally Posted by crazyfrog
I have done many track days and this is my opinion:

GT3 : it is a track car you can use on the road. It is hard to get the opportunity to exploite that car on public road.....You need to push them flat out to get the tyres to temperature to be able to enjoy the huge grip It is a high reiving engine but the torque is not great . If you plan to do a lot of trackdays, this is the weapon to have . Been at Silverstone in a GT3 RS and damn it was awesome !!!!

Turbo: It is a GT car , a real weapon on public road , you can use it on track but will not be great on small racetrack as it is a bit heavy. Will be at home on big circuit like Nurburgring. This car has a huge amount of power but the most important (to me anyway) is the amount of torque delivered from low down in the rev band !! For the road it is perfect.

I wanted to buy a GT3 but I knew I wouldn't be able to ge some joy on the road, over here anyway.....in UK road are not brillant and the sun is not always shining...

It is really two different animals, the chose is yours.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Ghosteh
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 96 Posts

I've heard that a GT2 is more like a GT3 with a turbo than a 911TT.

What's the opinion of a GT2 compared to the TT and/or GT3?
I'm considering one, but it seems like there's much more interest out there in the GT3 cars.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I would be very surprised to see a 997 GT3 in the high $40K range anytime soon.
What he said for sure !!
I have had them both . A modded 996 TT is very capable and brute strong.

the 997 GT3 is very nimble and elegant. I like them both !
Elliot

Quick Reply: 996tt x50 vs 997 gt3