Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 12:50 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm very satisfied with my PSS10's set to GT2 ride height, shocks at 2-front, 3-rear. I don't change it for the track. AS
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 AM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by 1AS
I'm very satisfied with my PSS10's set to GT2 ride height, shocks at 2-front, 3-rear. I don't change it for the track. AS
Hey 1AS, Are you running your PSS10s set at 2/3 for the track? I use 2/3 for the street, and crank them down to 8/9 for the track, thinking tighter is better for the track. The PSS10s are new to me, so can you help me understand your settings?
Thx, Tim
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had PSS9's on my car before I upgraded a second time to Moton Clubsports. The PSS9's still allowed the car to wallow on track. Do your homework before you spend. Your spring selection is what will ultimately make your car handle well or just so-so. You will either have to have the PSS10 springs upgraded and the shocks revalved, or buy a shock that allows you to pick the spring rates. Cheaping out at this point could end up costing you more money in the long run, ask me how I know.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 PM
BOBBYFALI
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steveng04
I decided on the KW Variant 3 with H&R Sway Bars. I will let you know once I receive and do the install, should be by early next week.
This is the exact set up I am getting installed now.

Did the KW V3 come with drop links for the front sway bars?

I purchased my used from a Porsche shop owner and need to know, being mine never came with any and was told to use the stock ones. The shop that has my car now said that the stock drop links are rubbing against the control arms.

I had the H&R sways on with my stock set up with out problem and now with the KW I am having issue's.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Old 03-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Silberwolfen
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSS10s & Sways

Originally Posted by Steveng04
I recently purchased a 996TT and am looking at upgrading suspension and wheels I have it tuned with EVO Stage 2 and would like some feed back on suspension. Considering Bilstein PSS10, H&R RSS Club Sport or H&R Street Set-Up with Eibach Sway Bar Kit for Front and Rear. I have never driven on any setup except for stock. This is a weekend car and I am doing a little DE and plan to do more. After the suspension upgrade I will try to set up some wheels and tires. Thanks for any help.

Steve,

I just went through this process myself and decided to go with PSS10s and a Eibach Sway Bar Kit for Front and Rear. The car is still in the shop getting everything completed. Since I bought my 996T used I decided to spend the money on a full change of fluids (engine, front diff, transmission, brake, coolant) and coil/plugs. I got a bit frustrated with the suspension talk after a while because there were too many opinions and "Internet experts". Of course this is an Internet board. I went and sat down with a few suspension tuners and talked to them. Many are in the business to sell you on things---naturally. Do you need it? That remains to be seen. You will find a lot of folks out there running suspension setups that are complete overkill for the street and who end up making the ride and performance of the car WORSE because they tried to setup a "street car" like a "track car". What is good in one scenario is not necessarily good in another. So you really need to evaluate where the car is going to be spending the bulk of its time. So, if you are not going to be a hard-core track guy then don't go put a Stage III or IV suspension kit on a street car and be surprised that it drives like crap on public roads.

For me, I went with the PSS10 and Eibach sway kit then had a good shop dial things in correctly. Stiff is good (and subjective), but going too stiff with a street car means that it will jump/hop around over bumps, divots, and imperfections in the road. You don't want a car that gets unsettled easily or the driving enjoyment will diminish---I did this with my Corvette ZO6. Too much is bad. Again...I'm talking street cars here....not track/race cars. Two different things.

In summary, start with a good kit of coils (meant for the street) and sways. Go from there.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:26 PM
pweishaupt
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to mildly tweak my suspension, but yikes! 5K for the kw? wow..

Quick Reply: Suspension Upgrade