Sponsored by:

The old girl can still turn heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 12:38 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The old girl can still turn heads

We are selling our house and the realtor had an open house this afternoon. She said we had about a couple of dozen people show up and ten guys were there to get a look at my TT. It showed up in one of the photos they posted on line. Six wanted to know if the car was for sale.

Unfortunately, the car wasn't there. We went to our beach house in the Porsche.

Then on the way home, we were stopped at a light and a really cute girl in the next lane was motioning at us to roll the window down. We thought she wanted directions, but she started asking about the car. LOL.

Mrs. SSST had fun with that one.

At any rate it just shows how timeless the beauty of the 911 really is. I don't think many cars can match its desirability generation after generation.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 AM
BOOSTD
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was getting dessert this afternoon and a few people checked out my car for a few minutes. Unfortunately, birds found the car attractive too- to sh*t on....4 times! I had to wash her when it was 95 outside.

Along those lines, Texas summers are here. Good thing the TT has a great AC system!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 AM
thomapa1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lucky you!
So far then only people commenting on my car were:
1. A heavily tattooed and pierced @35 year old with greasy hair "what year is that"
2. 2 teenagers in their civic with baseball hats turned sideways "nice car"
3. A homeless looking guy in a beat up Buick "youse is havin' a nice day!"

Oh - then I had a guy in a Hummer challenge me to race up to a street sign @300 yards away (while my kid was in my car) "I'll bet you I can beat you to that sign"

I just said "I'll bet you can"....

sigh...where are the Hawaiian Tropic girls? I must not have purchased the 'magnet' option
Old 06-25-2012, 07:18 AM
SSST
Drifting

I definitely get comments from guys about 10 to 1. Then when a cute girl comments on it, my wife is in the car. Doh!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

It's interesting to see people driving along behind me take out their camera and take a picture of my car.

I also occasionally find someone driving along beside be with their windows up, and when we stop close to side by side at a light, they put down one or more windows on my side of the road (two lanes each direction). Taking a guess about what they are after, I will normally wind out 1st and 2nd to 4000-5000 RPM (under normal throttle acceleration) so they can hear the EP 2 Loud as they drive along beside me.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Sql
Banned

Originally Posted by Dock
It's interesting to see people driving along behind me take out their camera and take a picture of my car.

I also occasionally find someone driving along beside be with their windows up, and when we stop close to side by side at a light, they put down one or more windows on my side of the road (two lanes each direction). Taking a guess about what they are after, I will normally wind out 1st and 2nd to 4000-5000 RPM (under normal throttle acceleration) so they can hear the EP 2 Loud as they drive along beside me.
That's what I do too. Or when I see people seriously interested in the car walking down the sidewalk, I like to step on it a little, I believe that's what I'd love to see if our places were swapped.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sql
That's what I do too. Or when I see people seriously interested in the car walking down the sidewalk, I like to step on it a little, I believe that's what I'd love to see if our places were swapped.
Totally agree. Saw a Ferrari last week while on the east coast. He nailed it, through a gear shift...awesome!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Rev3
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by SSST
I definitely get comments from guys about 10 to 1. Then when a cute girl comments on it, my wife is in the car. Doh!
This is something I always have to explain to people. Friends and acquaintances always say, "I bet this thing gets girls all the time, huh?"

My response is along the lines of, "Not really, more like middle aged guys asking stupid questions while I fill it up at the gas pump."
Old 06-27-2012, 02:18 AM
SSST
Drifting

Fortunately I bought it for me and not to impress women. However, it wouldn't hurt to have my 53 year old ego stroked once in a while.

Last edited by SSST; 06-27-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lance 4c
Totally agree. Saw a Ferrari last week while on the east coast. He nailed it, through a gear shift...awesome!
If someone likes listening to exotics wind out a gear or two, Cromwell Street in London, UK is the place to be (especially on weekends). It seems like every couple of minutes a Lambo, Ferrari, Audi, or Aston drives by with the sole intent of letting pedestrians hear the engine/exhaust at the higher RPMs (the sound doesn't hurt with drawing people's visual attention to their beautiful cars either). This past weekend there, in addition to the many other exotics, I saw three different McLaren MP4-12Cs drive through.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Simi_911
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rev3
My response is along the lines of, "Not really, more like middle aged guys asking stupid questions while I fill it up at the gas pump."
Yup...that's all I get, too!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:58 AM
SSST
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rev3
yep. Like, "Is it fast?"

No. Not at all.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 AM
Simi_911
Advanced

My favorite is "what kind of car is that?"
Old 06-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

A nice looking lady was walking by my Turbo as I was getting out after parking at a grocery store. She said "beautiful car" as she started to walk around it taking in. I asked her if she wanted to look inside and after she said "yes" I opened the driver's door. She stepped closer and looked inside, then with a semi-disappointed look on her face asked..."It only does 80?"........she was looking at the tach.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
"It only does 80?"........she was looking at the tach.
Ha Ha! Tach's in the middle, Key's on the left!

Quick Reply: The old girl can still turn heads