Sponsored by:

One mod only which one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 PM
BT ZR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSST
I'll have about 75K in mine by the time I get done. You couldn't touch a 997 Turbo Cab for 75K when I bought mine. Actually, I suspect several of us could go drop $170K on a new turbo S if having the latest and greatest is what we were about.
What intrigued me about the x50 turbo was that it was 200k Canadian new, plus taxes now bought for less than a third with 6200 miles. When my 03 was released many felt it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. We shall see:
Old 05-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by BT ZR1
Agreed , but sometimes I gotta talk on the phone.
On rare occasions I will also have to talk on my phone while driving the Turbo. Where I live it's not against the law to talk on the phone while driving, so I just put the phone to my ear and talk while I drive.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
BT ZR1
Racer

Originally Posted by Dock
On rare occasions I will also have to talk on my phone while driving the Turbo. Where I live it's not against the law to talk on the phone while driving, so I just put the phone to my ear and talk while I drive.
we can only talk hands free, hence the need for blue tooth or a nasty earpiece.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:39 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually the nasty ear piece works better in the TT. I installed a pretty high end bt setup in the TT when I first got it. Latest noise canceling technology and all. It was a waste of money. Too much background noise. Fortunately I got my money back.

From a performance perspective, a well sorted 996tt wil hold it's own against most modern cars in its class. And regardless of its age, it's a 911 turbo. That's a brand that always garners respect from car people.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
BT ZR1
Racer

Actually the nasty ear piece works better in the TT. I installed a pretty high end bt setup in the TT when I first got it. Latest noise canceling technology and all. It was a waste of money. Too much background noise. Fortunately I got my money back.

From a performance perspective, a well sorted 996tt wil hold it's own against most modern cars in its class. And regardless of its age, it's a 911 turbo. That's a brand that always garners respect from car people.
Thanks for telling me this, maybe i will just use my earpiece which i must say is excellent quality.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

From a performance perspective, a well sorted 996tt wil hold it's own against most modern cars in its class.
While that may be true, I personally find the SOTP delivery of the "driving experience", including straight line acceleration, to be the most important quality of the Turbo. I don't track my Turbo or street race in it, so "holding its own" against any car is not a factor for me.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:55 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed. But on a track, it is still very competitive against most anything that isn't a 996 or 997 gt series. Point being it was a car ahead of its time and is still ahead of most of the pack.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
kezcapt
Intermediate

BT,
As has been stated, the way you drive and your budget dictate the mods. I have every mod mentioned above. To me the best is a lowered/tuned suspension because I can feel the difference cornering at 35 just as well as 105. Having said that, your passenger may not appreciate the mod as much as you do! There is also the fact that if you do DE evevents they will probably be time based with cones etc. If you want the ZR1 effect you will probably end up with a flash & a pipe etc. The difference of a Porsche is the total ownership experience. It is as reliable as a pickup and runs like a train. The trick is to keep the essence without ruining those good qualities. Have FUN.

Quick Reply: One mod only which one?