Help! with Fuel Tank Vent System

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Danyol
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help! with Fuel Tank Vent System

Guys,

I've been helping a friend with his 2002 TT and a very frustrating (intermittent!!) P0455 DME code. We've seen several references to what the problem could be, just trying to narrow it down. We have the DME manual, shop manual (I thought it was complete) and completed a lot of research on the forums. Some things that will help,

- We need a full drawing of the tank vent system with the location of components
- References online indicate the simplified system for detection is as the attached. Where is the pressure sensor "5" located at? We've looked around the tank and the evac canister, doesn't appear to be anywhere near.
-We hear some kind of pump that comes on with the ignition, is that part of the evac system, where is it?
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 PM
timmhaines
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danyol
Guys,

I've been helping a friend with his 2002 TT and a very frustrating (intermittent!!) P0455 DME code. We've seen several references to what the problem could be, just trying to narrow it down. We have the DME manual, shop manual (I thought it was complete) and completed a lot of research on the forums. Some things that will help,

- We need a full drawing of the tank vent system with the location of components
- References online indicate the simplified system for detection is as the attached. Where is the pressure sensor "5" located at? We've looked around the tank and the evac canister, doesn't appear to be anywhere near.
-We hear some kind of pump that comes on with the ignition, is that part of the evac system, where is it?
Under the battery is an access cover, it is wrapped in foam below. I had a friend who had Porsche repair Rat damage and a nest on the wiring to it and he said they dropped the tank for that, $1700 to repair. The cover should let you replace the valve.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM
timmhaines
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you inserted a stick to open and trigger the fuel switch and heard the two clicks? if there is no "click" check the E6 fuse.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Danyol
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys.

The fuel flapper works, my friend has been chasing this a couple of months.

Mehmet

Quick Reply: Help! with Fuel Tank Vent System