Sponsored by:

Graphics--to do or not

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Fastboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Graphics--to do or not

Kistudios.com offers a number of different graphics--I am contemplating on adding their 002 turbo side graphic pattern in matt black to my black 996t
I guess that I fell in love with the 997 GT3RS and thought that, although I don't want to make my car quite as loud looking as the GT3RS (not being a poser or imitator) I like the checkered pattern on the side of the GT3RS. Kistudios offers a matt black version which looks quite understated when compared to the GT3RS in my opinion. Yet, it seems to add a sporty side that sharpens the look of the car.
So, don't hold back guys--does adding a checkered graphic in a subtle shade add to the looks (see their website) or does it cheapen the look (aka Camaro, Mustang, Viper)? I haven't ordered the graphic kit, so you can't offend me. I don't want to cheapen the car--I want to make it look better in a sporty yet classy way.
Opinions welcome!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:56 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

if you like it do it. You can always remove it if you dont. I wouldnt mind it on mine.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 549 Posts

The graphics are not my cup of tea, but....................it's not my Turbo, so do what makes you happy.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Customizing the car is one of the reasons I went with the 996 instead of a new car. I wanted something I could work on, change, and not feel too guilty about. I'm not a graphics guy, but it's really a matter of personal taste.

As long it is keeping with the original spirit of a 911 then go for it if you like it.

Quick Reply: Graphics--to do or not