Sponsored by:

AWE Exhaust Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Tirebiter
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AWE Exhaust Installed!

I finished up with installation of a (used) AWE exhaust system on my X50. As with any new project, time was a bit slow, primarily to overcome the two buggered O2 sensor nipples that I didn't note were suspect when the unit first arrived. I found that removing the bumper to be no big deal and ended up removing the intercoolers and heat shields to give myself full access to look around. Probably not necessary to go to those lengths but helped to get the lay of the land.

One disturbing note, when I set the left intercooler on the floor, a few tablespoons of oil flowed on to the floor from the turbo outlet hose. Normal to have a bit collect in that area? The right intercooler was clear.

The new idle note definitely rumbles more but is not overwhelming at speed. The biggest change is almost complete loss of turbo lag. Gone is the sudden kick in the pants at 3200 rpm. Yeeehawww!

Brock
Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 AM
uschoice
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pics of the exhaust? I've got the AWE separate component system in my car and think it's great.
Don't think it's normal to have oil showing up in the intercoolers. Never had that happen, so can't really comment. Ask around here to see what the other guys think.

Quick Reply: AWE Exhaust Installed!