Sponsored by:

Ca Front License Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Rev3
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sanyata
I've had the idea that the state could charge a bigger fee for hobbyist cars that don't want front plates. Maybe charge them $200 up front, give them a different rear plate that signifies no front plate required and then charge them an additional fee per year like a vanity plate. It would raise a lot more money then the revenue generated from the relatively few cars they cite...... just a thought.
That's a great idea. I'd pay for it.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Pauly90266
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cities are getting desperate for revenue and are ticketing for minor violations. The police officers are also trying to justify their salary/benefits to the city.

I was pulled over and ticketed couple months ago in LA for no front plates. The 2 cars and 3 policeman took 20-30 minutes to issue the ticket while they were on the sidewalk having a nice chat with each other.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:36 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not sure its a huge revenue stream... I believe that its a "fix-it" ticket with a $25 fine (I've never been busted for no front plate over a period of many years). My experience is with a "illegal tint" fix-it ticket, which required that I remove the tint on the door windows, find a cop to sign it off, go to the courthouse and drop off my $25. Later, I got the notice that said I could keep my tint and pay the $100 (or so... I forget the exact fine) Damn! I wish I had waited. My point is that Rufus had illegal tint, no wipers, and no front plate, and no one seems to care, except for that stupid tint violation. I'm not sure that $25 does any more than pay the actual expenses of writing and managing the paperwork on that ticket. BTW, I keep my wipers and front plate in the trunk.

Quick Reply: Ca Front License Plate?