Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To buy or not to buy sight unseen....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Almost looks like a seal grey car with a slate grey bumper!

And I agree, MOST car dealers are full of crap. I have only had one sales guy (Porsche dealer in Vegas) I ever trusted and that is why I bought several cars from him. I do not appreciate getting my chain yanked. Do that and you will not get any business from me.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's all too easy for the plastic bumpers to get nicked in parking lots and require a respray to fix. IMHO that in itself shouldn't affect the value of the car as long as the work is done properly and the color match is done well. If the color match is NOT done well then that would be cause for negotiating the price down accordingly to cover a proper bumper respray. But if the dealer says there has been NO paint work done when that obviously isn't true you sure have to question what else they aren't being honest about!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:55 PM
porscheforfun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you find what your looking for . I looked hard for about a year, don't worry there are plenty out there just be patience . The you will find the one
Old 06-21-2011, 02:23 PM
03 996tt
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy just bought a 993s4 sight unseen from a dealer that was described as perfect and who had 100% feedback with many cars sold. The pics, and there were hundreds of them, were taken from 10-20 feet away and didnt show any of the many blems from curbed wheels, light scratches, chips, missing spare tire etc. Additionally, the S4 badge was in the pics but missing upon delivery. While the dealer said he will try to make it better, he also recommended that the transaction take place outside of the auction, thereby leaving my friend with no buyer protection.

I personally spent a few $$$$$$$$ more to buy a local car I could touch and feel. After all, there are just so many for sale that unless its a 1 of a kind car, I would never consider buying without driving.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a clear film on my front bumper that now (3 1/2 years old) is starting to look different from the paint on the rest of the car. however, a little elbow grease clears it up for a few months before it starts to cloud up again. Sometimes a closer look is in order.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hmm, I am going to get the clear film on my bumper in a week.

Quick Reply: To buy or not to buy sight unseen....