under 100
Old 10-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 309 Likes on 215 Posts

I think that you need to find a new wrench..

If a customer brought me in a fuel filter and coolant> You would have to expect that they guy want's it changed. It isn't new and you don't know when it was last changed. Coolant and filters are a good thing.

There is a thread showing how to pressure test the intake system. Hopefully someone will post the link.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:50 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are talking about litigation against the previous repair facility, yet you are paying cash to your current mechanic. What if your current mechanic get its wrong? Where is your proof that you hired him to do the work?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:03 AM
bena
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering if the electrical problems could have damaged the car computer.

For no reason I get a check oil message but the gauge is between 2-5

It will also sometimes stall when I am in Neutral.

I have a picture of the broken starter, but I wish I had asked to keep it.. the glue and paint are a dead give away that they tried to hide the damage. To make it clear, I believe the previous owner knew something was wrong after he had the clutch done and got rid of the car to me.

Kev, I agree with you and I got a name of a guy that comes highly recommended by a PCA guy who replaced his blown 996 motor for ~$25k which he seemed to think was a great price, I have no clue, but he swears this guy is honest and will go the extra mile to make sure everthing is perfect not good enough.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was warned when I purchased my car not to even jump start the car due to the chance of damaging the electronics so you may have a point. Get the car to a reputable tech and hopefully he can get everything sorted out so that you can enjoy the car. If the old owner did have knowledge its always buyer beware as most cars are sold as is. That doesn't make it right in any fashion.

Quick Reply: What a Mess!