This will Ruin your day and Engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010 | 02:52 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

JBurer, do you have logs. Stock street car vs track car? What is your octane at the pump? Do you have hybrids? Altitude>Denver? What is your injector duty cycle?

Appication will dictate AFR's, I like to run FAT AFR's..
Old 10-06-2010 | 03:01 PM
JBurer
Advanced

Kevin,
I actually have a '91 Turbo - log everything via the AEM engine management system. Single GT35R, 1 bar of boost and more of a street driver. 93 octane fuel at slightly above sea level.

Just curious the range your running on the 996 Turbos with a similar, we'll call it, base performance upgrade level.

Is fat AFR's for you high 10's or mid 11's for this application?
Best,
John
Old 10-06-2010 | 03:30 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

John, you have a completely different animal. Cannot use the same tuning profiles, not even close. Air-cooled vs water-cooled. I wouldn't budge over mid 10's thru peak torque. I'd be watching EGT..
Old 10-06-2010 | 05:14 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

As I mentioned earlier here is a screenshot of my new High speed datalogger. It is coming together quickly. I'll start another thread a little later.

Old 10-06-2010 | 08:59 PM
Os Inspector
Rennlist Member

997 bah *throws rock from florida were 996 guys =P
Old 10-07-2010 | 04:52 AM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Kevin
As I mentioned earlier here is a screenshot of my new High speed datalogger. It is coming together quickly. I'll start another thread a little later.

Nice look! Seems that it combines your programming module with the data logging functions. Now, just add some accelerometers, and you've got the Traqmate functions covered as well!

When will the Mac version be coming out?

Jon
Old 10-07-2010 | 02:17 PM
kezcapt
Intermediate

Kevin is a great guy and a very knowledgeable engine guy. He is however, not a computer guy. I run Durametric with dual boot (boot Camp) on my Mac all day long. There are other ways to do it (parallels) but buying Micro-sloth for any diag software is unnecessary. It is a common misconception but this forum is for the informed so let's get the info out there. If you like windows, good for you but if you like Mac then rest assured there are easy ways to accomplish Durametric etc with you machine. P.S. Kevin is a very nice man and I really like him.
Old 10-07-2010 | 03:17 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Guys this thread has nothing to do with Mac and Durametric. For those that haven't got the behind the scenes joke is that Jon and Pete are avid MAC lovers. They can dual boot and there REAL data produced is as good as it gets. If you guys want to dual boot. Go for it. My new logging software will be the beginning of very fast datalogging. With "option" to select REAL values setup to get us the data that we need to prevent engine failures.
Old 10-07-2010 | 07:42 PM
Os Inspector
Rennlist Member

Guys this thread has nothing to do with Mac and Durametric. For those that haven't got the behind the scenes joke is that Jon and Pete are avid MAC lovers. They can dual boot and there REAL data produced is as good as it gets. If you guys want to dual boot. Go for it. My new logging software will be the beginning of very fast datalogging. With "option" to select REAL values setup to get us the data that we need to prevent engine failures.
sweet
Old 10-08-2010 | 07:40 AM
JBurer
Advanced

Kevin,
Thanks - I was actually inquiring about your opinion of rich (or lean) under heavy load for one of your watercooled turbo cars. Gave you the BPU profile just for a baseline comparison.

My aircooled turbo was built by a reputable tuner and has gone 15k miles on the EFI and upgraded turbo without hiccup!
Best,
John

John, you have a completely different animal. Cannot use the same tuning profiles, not even close. Air-cooled vs water-cooled. I wouldn't budge over mid 10's thru peak torque. I'd be watching EGT..

Quick Reply: This will Ruin your day and Engine