Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by 03911TT
Either Saturday or Sunday for me as well. Since it looks like flpaindoc has to work some weekends, let's let him pick the day and time that works and we will start with that.
Next weekend is the combined Suncoast/Goldcoast region DE event at Sebring. I will be attending both days there. The following weekend would work for me....assuming a lowly Boxster would be welcome in Windermere.
Attached Images  
Old 09-12-2010, 01:18 PM
flpaindoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currenly both of my P-cars are under warranty. The Porsche of Orlando service dept. has been great. Talk to Bruce or Jim, they will take good care of you. I know one of the techs does work on the side. If interested PM me and I will tell you his name.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
................ One of them is a guru on alignments. Highly recommend our local dealer.
Jim back in the shop is the alignment guy. He has done my lowered 964 and TT. They will give you a printout of the settings and arent out of line on the price.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:49 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

This might be a event to get acquainted for a future GTG
From a Citrus Region porsche club email:

"This is the last weekend of Summer, get your favorite garage queen Porsche on the road and come on out to Cars & Coffee at House Blend Café this Saturday morning. You can see pictures of previous attendees on the link below.
Hope to see you, between 8 and 10 am (some come earlier, some stay later).

Gary

House Blend Cafe
10730 W. Colonial Dr.
Ocoee, FL 34761

http://carsandcoffeeorlando.snappages.com/ "
Old 09-18-2010, 11:03 AM
03911TT
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimq
This might be a event to get acquainted for a future GTG
From a Citrus Region porsche club email:

"This is the last weekend of Summer, get your favorite garage queen Porsche on the road and come on out to Cars & Coffee at House Blend Café this Saturday morning. You can see pictures of previous attendees on the link below.
Hope to see you, between 8 and 10 am (some come earlier, some stay later).

Gary

House Blend Cafe
10730 W. Colonial Dr.
Ocoee, FL 34761

http://carsandcoffeeorlando.snappages.com/ "
Stopped by this morning and met some really nice car guys (thanks for the invite Jim, sorry about the nail in the TT tire you picked up but it did give you a chance to take your '91 cab out for a nice drive!)

I'll make this next month also, every third Saturday at the same location (listed above)
Old 09-18-2010, 12:41 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 03911TT
Stopped by this morning and met some really nice car guys (thanks for the invite Jim, sorry about the nail in the TT tire you picked up but it did give you a chance to take your '91 cab out for a nice drive!)

I'll make this next month also, every third Saturday at the same location (listed above)
good meeting you also A.J. I put the car on my lift and pulled the tire off when I got back home and I guess I had run a bit with the screw in it because 3 strands of steel belt are poking out the sidewall. Discount tire is trying to find me a replacement as the Kumho SPT is discontinued. The 3 other tires are still like new so sure dont want to have to buy 4 new ones. Tire rack has 1 in stock so may go that route. Maybe we can get some more TT guys to show up next time
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2010, 07:20 PM
03911TT
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad news on the tire Jim! I'm sure next month will have many more Porsche's since there won't be a conflict with the PCA clubs.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:42 PM
flpaindoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could not make it. I would have loved to be there this morning. The same thing hapend to me a few weeks ago. One of my Michelin pilots (rear) had a 6" nail from the bottom all the way to the sidewall. The tires had about 1,000 miles on them. Michelin had discontinued this particular model and the replacement model was not coming out for almost 2 months. Michelin and Porsche of Orlando did the right thing. They offer to pay for the 2 front tires if I paid for the 2 rear ones. Had to go with Bridgestones (still original equipment). I miss my Michelins, but I will survive.

Quick Reply: Orlando