Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seller's Remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:56 PM
DougM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell him what your situation is and have him make the decision for you. Tell him you would prefer to keep it, but you will go through with the deal if he really wants it and can't find a different car. It's a 50/50 chance the car will still be sold, but you won't be the bad guy.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:40 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 311 Posts

I've decided to do what I perceive is the right thing and complete the sale. I initially listed the car for sale because I have other needs for the money, and that hasn't really changed. I was getting caught up in the emotional aspect, and that's understandable but probably wrong. I know the buyer is very excited and has made all his arrangements, and I don't want to rain on his parade.

90% of the fun for me is in the search anyway - when I'm ready to get another one down the road I get to enjoy that all over again.

Thanks to all for your input - I appreciate the support.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 PM
03911TT
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are doing the stand up thing, there should be more men in the world with principles who do the right thing!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:52 AM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

As far as selling homes, cars, boats, motorcycles. talk is cheap. A verbal commitment from a potential buyer means absolutely nothing more, than at the time when emotional wants were high a statement was made that he would like to purchase your item. His feelings could change totally 10 minutes, 8 hours, a day, or a week later. It is understood in business that cash talks, and without a cash commitment, no offer is considered serious. It works both ways. If you have accepted no money, an offer to sell is no more than casual conversation. Follow your heart, and GL.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by leftlane
Ugh - thanks for all your insights. I'm torn - I did dream about this car for quite a while and found just what I wanted. However - I could use the money elsewhere and I really don't want to renege on my word. Even though I know the buyer could call today and walk away, I still feel obligated.

Is it okay if I just climb back in bed and hide under the covers for a while?
Make sure you're not alone under there.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A deal is done when $$ changes hands. If he had given you a deposit I would say go through with it; if not be honest with the potential buyer before he has any $$ invested in travel, etc.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:26 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 311 Posts

Deal is done. Bank account is flush again. Buyer is flying in tomorrow to drive his baby home, and I am at peace.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I initially listed the car for sale because I have other needs for the money, and that hasn't really changed.
That's what I was going to ask... the reason for putting the car for sale usually doesn't change. I had and have major sellers remorse when I sold my RUF, but there was a reason I put it up for sale...

Quick Reply: Seller's Remorse?