Sponsored by:

heavy clutch pedal when accelarating hard

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:55 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heavy clutch pedal when accelarating hard

I recently ( 3000 miles ago) replaces my clutch kit and few miles ago 1000, under warranty the small vacum ball that helps the clutch to be used ( forgive I do not know the proper name of the item)

while aceleraing hard and try to shift for 3rd to 4rth, from 4rth to 5ft gear clutch pedal gets very heavy and the shifting is accompanied with a strange noise.

anybody can give an idea what this could be?

harris
Old 07-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by harris
I recently ( 3000 miles ago) replaces my clutch kit and few miles ago 1000, under warranty the small vacum ball that helps the clutch to be used ( forgive I do not know the proper name of the item)

while aceleraing hard and try to shift for 3rd to 4rth, from 4rth to 5ft gear clutch pedal gets very heavy and the shifting is accompanied with a strange noise.

anybody can give an idea what this could be?

harris
Just WAGs. First thought is the clutch power assist systems is failing. As a rough test of its health with the engine just shut off after running a few minutes at idle, you should be able to fully to the floor board depress the clutch pedal and release and repeat this for up to 25 times before the action gets heavy. This tests the clutch power assist's ability to store energy.

Next start the engine and in just 30 seconds (IIRC) the clutch action should be back to its normal light feeling again. This tests the ability of the clutch power assist system to recharge is energy storage system.

Lastly, there was one post by an 996 Turbo owner who reported a symptom that mimiced clutch slippage but only under hard acceleration in the higher gears. Turned out to be a motor mount problem what was allowing the motor to twist and this somehow interfered with the clutch action.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: heavy clutch pedal when accelarating hard