lost all keys help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 AM
CBR786
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lost all keys help!!

have a 2005 turbo s lost all keys had to order new key from vin through OPC

got Ipas codes got PST2 tester and new alarm module fitted alarm module managed to program new key remote function to the car via 24 digit code that comes with key. But having problems programming transponder chip the PST2 keeps giving message "key already learned" when trying to add it to one of the four slots on the alarm computer. I need help does any one have any idea why the new key will not take to the alarm ECU
Old 05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Is your dealer doing the programming? They should have ZERO problem getting it done with their PIWIS tool.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you did a learning function from your old control module then you may need to remove the (old) keys first. Always replace keys in the same order as they show on your IPAS codes.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:44 AM
CBR786
Pro

yes Loren I did do a learning function with my old module they are still stored in the PST2 apart from using the write transfer command is their any other way of getting them out of the pst2 memory so I can bin them because I think they are causing interference. No dealer doing it my self the hard way i think because I am struggling
Old 05-25-2010, 11:47 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Interesting, so you have your own PST2 system?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:50 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

That is crazy - I assume there's a good story as to how you lost all 4 keys?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

4 keys?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 PM
CBR786
Pro

car came with two keys only second owner lost one key some where round house looked everywhere price you pay when you have two little rascal boys 2-5 year old only lost the one key but cannot find spare!!!
had to go to dealer armed with V5 car owner information , my passport, gas bill, then they ordered another key blade cut to the vin.Got new key head off ebay with the 24 digit code...now trying to mate it all up bought new alarm module (virgin) from OPC. I got IPAS codes from OPC as they know me and the car well.

now having problems mating key up I know I am doing the key learning procedure correctly as I have programmed spare keys a few times for friends on their porsche's. but neverhad the message key already learned. and not going into the allocated 4 slots tried all 4 slots kept getting same message key already learned.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try confirming the existing keys in the same order as original. If that is successful then restart the process to add the new keys.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Vincent C.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you need a key that has not been programmed already....i would buy one from the dealer....key already learned means it was coded to a car or its defective....i don't think you can make it work....i never could.....if you do get it to work i sure would like to know how...i use a pewis to code keys....vinnie
Old 05-26-2010, 05:57 PM
CBR786
Pro

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT ESPECIALLY LOREN & VINCENT

I think you might be correct because the key I was trying to program to the turbo was used well the pill was used the rest was kinda of new by that I mean well the blade had to be new as I lost all keys and the the fob head was a spare that I borrowed from my mate who has 3 keys so loaned me his fob with pill which was already programmed to his 1999 996 C4.

I assumed that it is the car that is coded to accept the key and a used key wont matter but obviously it does the porsche computer must tag that pill/chip some how so that it cannot be used again ? well not used on virgin ecu any way for that matter.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:02 AM
CBR786
Pro

okay update I have not been able to have access to my car as I am working away from home. I have found out thought that Vincent is correct you cannot re-use second hand P car keys off flea bay etc.
The used P key has no value unless it comes with the 24 digit bar code tag. I was not so bothered about the bar code tag I assumed the transponder would be able to be re programmed & I will live with out the remote function. The 24 digit code is for programming the Radio Frequency only to unlock the doors by the remote function. I however have found you can use second hand used transponder pills out of VW cars and other german VAG group cars. The used pill from these old keys can be programmed up to any P car but once you mate a pill to a P car it can only be used or removed and re-added to the same P car only.

Quick Reply: lost all keys help!!