Sponsored by:

Stock Front Camber (max)???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Hahahahaha!!!

Jon Send me the setup you use between the track and street... I want to "run a test" and see how tight tolerances are...

Mike
Old 05-09-2010, 05:56 PM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, Mike,

I'm in Switzerland now, until the end of May. My car and most of my notes are back in the States. I'm not 100% sure of what you are asking - alignment specs? Here's what I recall anyway:

Street alignment settings are GT2 spec. I think that is -1 deg camber and +1/16th total toe in front, and -0.9 deg camber and zero or maybe -1/16th total toe in the rear. I make the front toe with no shims in the GT3 control arm.

For the track, I add 14mm shims to the front control arm. That gives me about -2.5 deg camber. I adjust toe to same as stock, which is 10-10.5 turns on each tie rod end. For the rear, I adjust to -2.9 deg camber and same toe as street - whatever that is (it's in my notes).

I set the front PSS9 on 3, rear on 2. My sway bars are full soft in front, and 1 hole from full stiff in the rear.

There - you know all my setup secrets!

Jon
Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You could add the gt3 control arms and easily get -2.5 up front...if that's what you want. I would stop there, x73 and control arms and call it a day.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Jon, Yup, I wanted to know how many turns you adjust the rears, and where you set the front and turn the adjusters for the toe!

TTSurgeon, Yup, Been running the GT3 split arms now for a while and I'm getting easily 3+ degrees negative camber on mine. We just swapped in the inner arm from ERP that has monoballs installed. I have installed the MODE upper mounts in the front as well... Have them for the rear, but hadn't installed them yet...

I think anyone would benefit from Rear Toelinks ($500-600), Rear Dogbones ($500-600), Front GT3 split arms/shim selection ($700) and call it done... A nice pair of GT3 or H/R sway bars and go have fun. Dell has a lift, is competent and can do most of this work himself, so the cost really isn't much... Less than $2K for sure...

During DE season, if Im' running a bunch of events close to each other, I'll set the suspension to my DE alignment specs and leave it. I drive it on the street with limited stints on my street tires. If it's going to be 2 months or more between events, I put it back to the stock camber/toe settings I run in the winter months. I do have the spec miata to fall back on if I get lazy and don't want to re-align the car.

Mike
Old 05-10-2010, 08:19 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
You could add the gt3 control arms and easily get -2.5 up front...if that's what you want. I would stop there, x73 and control arms and call it a day.
Winner! That's about as far as I'm willing to go with the car. I bought this car as a weekend car for drives around the lake with the coffee crew I meet up with as well as the occasional trip with the family (baby seats already installed).

Originally Posted by Mikelly
TTSurgeon, Yup, Been running the GT3 split arms now for a while and I'm getting easily 3+ degrees negative camber on mine. We just swapped in the inner arm from ERP that has monoballs installed. I have installed the MODE upper mounts in the front as well... Have them for the rear, but hadn't installed them yet...

I think anyone would benefit from Rear Toelinks ($500-600), Rear Dogbones ($500-600), Front GT3 split arms/shim selection ($700) and call it done... A nice pair of GT3 or H/R sway bars and go have fun. Dell has a lift, is competent and can do most of this work himself, so the cost really isn't much... Less than $2K for sure...

Mike
QUIT HELPING ME SPEND MONEY!!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:01 PM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Jon, Yup, I wanted to know how many turns you adjust the rears, and where you set the front and turn the adjusters for the toe!
See my attached "cheat sheets" for the rear. I messed them up once, so I made these.

Jon
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Stock Front Camber (max)???