Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price Check/leads on a 01 996tt

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:11 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Seriously though, it may sound "little" or "petty" but when I was searching I did NOT want a first year run no did I want the 01 interior.

IMHO it was a big improvement by changing a few things on the interior that 01 didn't have. I like having the glove box, the matte versus shiny gloss buttons, controls, etc., better engineered cup holders, etc.

Again, maybe some don't care about those items, but you'll wish you had 'em
Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by parsonii
i don't know about that. i found this on ebay and the seller was down the street. i paid 35k and it was bone stock, no accients and no stories. 76k miles. this was the day i brought her home.
You did good, there is def an exception to every rule.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Seriously though, it may sound "little" or "petty" but when I was searching I did NOT want a first year run no did I want the 01 interior.

IMHO it was a big improvement by changing a few things on the interior that 01 didn't have. I like having the glove box, the matte versus shiny gloss buttons, controls, etc., better engineered cup holders, etc.

I was considering an 01 until today but finally decided that I do care about all those things. I also couldn't bear the thought of opening up the 01 vs 02 can of worms. I looked at a bunch of old threads and came to the conclusion that the real answer resides somewhere in "Stutt" land and as usual they're not talking.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell

Cupholders ?
Old 04-01-2010, 03:35 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes cup holders! Remember, this is a blvd cruiser not a track *****. I could give a damn about cup holders in my GT3 but I need a place to hold my latte
Old 04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 200 Posts

Hey,I resemble that tow vehicle comment !
Old 04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
adnan76
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, so I've checked out the car I described earlier in my initial post. Pulls strong and looks great. PPI from local dealer quite clean, service history indicated an "engine-out" repair a few years ago for an RMS leak.Any thoughts on this? I thought the 996tt didn't have this issue?
Other info: no accidents, two owner with the current owning this car for the last 7 years. New clutch abt 10k miles ago, recent brakes and tires. Spoiler hydraulics addressed a few years ago.

Durango Kid- which can did you say to run from? The one I'm looking at? Unfortunately, clicking your link doesn't bring up the car, only cars.com's main page.

Thanks for any additional thoughts!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by adnan76
PPI from local dealer quite clean, service history indicated an "engine-out" repair a few years ago for an RMS leak.Any thoughts on this? I thought the 996tt didn't have this issue?
RMS leaks on the 996Turbo engine are very rare, but they can occur.
Nothing like the issues with the standard Carrera/Boxster engines RMS.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:45 PM
adnan76
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok thanks- the report indicated it was noted during a regularly scheduled service rather than owner complaint. Hopefully now that it's repaired, I shouldn't be more prone to it in the future?

Quick Reply: Price Check/leads on a 01 996tt