Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Insurance Co. do you insure your 996 with?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
Its for Military Personel only.
Didn't you ask who we had our insurance with?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Jorgeassoc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster

I ended back with CSAA after my coverage with Allstate expired. But I've been told by people I know who know insurance companies that State Farm is a good company.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Whoa. That sounds terrible. Im sorry to hear about what happened.
What do you suppose would happen if i was scheduled to drive 3,000 miles this year and i went over it. And then got in some kind of accident, god fodbid.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Bryce
Instructor

Actually, here's my favorite 2 sources for insurer infos:

http://badfaithinsurance.com/

My favorite "do not buy" list. These guys are *watchdogs*. Chubb is a great insurer.

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/

This site has a cost comparison done every year. Wawanesa almost always comes out as the low cost provider in California. I've used them more than 10 years and they never jack me around with wild price increases. In fact, they sent an apology letter the two times they had to raise rates in general. Once they even priced my wife's insurance as if she had no ticket on her record, even though their general policy is to let it affect rates three years. It had fallen off her CLUE like 2 days after we renewed. Always very helpful. Daily driver 996TT I pay less than $1,000 a year and it's like $100/$300 with $300 deductible.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:32 PM
k4site
Instructor

George Soros owns Progressive and he is the biggest liberal around!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
DesignerGenes
Rennlist Member

I had Progressive for many years. They have a HUGE discount if you pay for a year in advance, and so nobody could touch them. Then my son got T-boned in his Honda by a little old lady running a red light (Yep, she got a ticket.), and Progressive showed its true stripes, deciding to bump my insurance a thousand a year for a not-at-fault accident.

IF you've got great credit, check out Metropolitan Auto and Home. The agent told me "we rate almost entirely on credit rating." Of course, we've got good driving records too, but if you've got both you may find Met can beat everyone including Progressive.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Its for Military Personel only. Isn't it??
No it's also for veterans who have served a minimum of 4 years and recieved an honorable discharge, also certain federal government employees.

They insure both my cars and i'm impressed- top notch customer service and very low rates.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

I'm in SF, and with Geico. Nobody has been able to touch their rates
Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 PM
T Kono
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 87 Posts

I have been with Allstate for all my insurance since 1979 and in all that time my one and only accident was last year in my '04 GTO. They took very good care of me, no complaints. My 6-month premium on the Turbo is only $488. What I don't understand is why my '99 Suburban costs about the same. Possibly because of the potential to inflict major damage on others.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Whoa. That sounds terrible. Im sorry to hear about what happened.
What do you suppose would happen if i was scheduled to drive 3,000 miles this year and i went over it. And then got in some kind of accident, god fodbid.
Can't say what would happen. Depends I guess on what you were asked by the insurance company and what you told them.

Check that. It probably depends upon what is written in the fine print of your policy. I suggest you dig that out and study it. What I think would happen counts for nothing and I could be wrong.

You need to know how your insurance company looks at you breaking the estimated mileage.

Sincerely,

Macster
Old 02-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Jorgeassoc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Macster

You need to know how your insurance company looks at you breaking the estimated mileage.

Sincerely,

Macster
Good point. I'll call in the morning , see what my agent tells me.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:49 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 289 Posts

USAA - I qualify through my father who served in the Air Force.

I was with Allstate, but they refused to cover the Turbo. Now I'm back with USAA, great company, much better rate.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Here in NJ I insure with High Point (formerly Prudential) as their rates are good AND they expressly cover DE events.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:02 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

i've been with USAA for many years. GREAT company to deal with. i just received a better quote from State Farm and therefore tossing the idea around of whether i should change...all-state will not touch the tt and Geico and Progressive consideralbly higher, at least here in FL.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Patrnflyr
3rd Gear

USAA for myself and all of our cars. Been there for 25yrs. Couldn't be happier. If something happens, like an accident, they jump on it with no questions asked and get you back driving ASAP. The understand the P car also.

You can be a member of USAA, as was pointed out earlier, if you have almost ANY affiliation with the member or any family member at any time in their life. They originally started out for military OFFICERS only, but have since relaxed their restrictions. Doesn't hurt to call and ask them if you could join.

John
Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by manny_g
i've been with USAA for many years. GREAT company to deal with. i just received a better quote from State Farm and therefore tossing the idea around of whether i should change...all-state will not touch the tt and Geico and Progressive consideralbly higher, at least here in FL.
Based on my experience with Allstate and my 03 996 Turbo I would not want Allstate to get within a mile of my cars.

I must stress that low premiums and smiling faces at the office when you pay your insurance premium counts for something, but the real test of an insurance company is when you have to file a claim against it, and the worst is if you have to file a claim against your own.

My experience was a real eye opener. You do not deal, except in a superficial way, with your agent. You deal with a remote adjuster, or a pool of adjusters, which are -- based on my experience -- trained to mislead, deny, forget, ignore, do anything and everything they can do to pay out as little money as possible.

Even though in CA the insurance rules/regulations state what an insurance company can and can not do these rules are ignored or outright violated much more often than they are followed.

Fixing the car is not a concern. Seeing your loss addressed is not a concern. Seeing you quickly back on the road is not a concern. Getting the car restored to its pre-collision condition is not a concern.

Paying out as little money as possible, none if they can get away with it, is the only concern and one they pursue with a vengance.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: What Insurance Co. do you insure your 996 with?