Sponsored by:

996TT Buyer's Guide here on the forum?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:08 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Good luck dell, 996TTs are a steal right now. My fav year is a MY03 x50 car, second would be an 05TTS.
Thanks Chris!

Originally Posted by MechanicalEng
What year, color, options, mileage are you looking for?
MY:02+

Color:White would be my first choice. If no white then grey or silver would work. No black.

Options: Not as important as most "options" seem to be aesthetic so I can personalize after the fact. Only extras that seem to be "nice" to have but not as important to me would be PCCB or X50.

Aftermarket: Would prefer a stock, unmolested car so I can molest it

Miles: Not as important if well documented service history and taken care of the way I take care of my cars. I guess the upper limit of miles would be 50-75K?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No afiliation, but a friend of mine was looking at this car, it seems like a great example. It meets your requirements PCCB + Color + CPO!! plus is priced reasonably...
http://www.porscheofthemainline.com/...l-5091924.html
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I saw that one...thanks! Has a few things that I don't like but they can be changed (all the trim in silver).

It's not the "perfect" one so I am going to keep it on the list but keep looking. Why did your friend not buy it?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:55 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 287 Posts

No afiliation, but a friend of mine was looking at this car, it seems like a great example. It meets your requirements PCCB + Color + CPO!! plus is priced reasonably...
http://www.porscheofthemainline.com/...l-5091924.html
+ 1 - I spoke with one of the salesman about that car. List price is a bit high... it does have the PCCBs (but I hope you dont have to replace a rotor).

CPO is the way to go, IMO.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

If it can be had UNDER 50K then I'd be interested. I'll follow up and post back.

Yes, I agree, CPO is a must for me. Just need that piece of mind while I sort the car out
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 AM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

For street driving and ocasional DEs I think PCCBs are ok, and if they break u can always buy steel rotors, my friend did not buy it because he is not sure if he wants a 6TT or a 7S. But he still has it on his list, he also didnt like the silver trim. I agree with CPO being a must, I got mine exactly 1 yr ago and so far my CPO warranty has paid over $6k in "minor issues"
Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

For street driving and ocasional DEs I think PCCBs are ok, and if they break u can always buy steel rotors, my friend did not buy it because he is not sure if he wants a 6TT or a 7S. But he still has it on his list, he also didnt like the silver trim. I agree with CPO being a must, I got mine exactly 1 yr ago and so far my CPO warranty has paid over $6k in "minor issues"
God bless the CPO!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:25 PM
bhempfli
Track Day

In this thread, I see mention of oil staining on the air filter. I am looking at a car and it seems to have this when I look at pictures of the engine compartment. Is this a sure problem or an indication that something may be wrong?

Quick Reply: 996TT Buyer's Guide here on the forum?