Sponsored by:

2003 TT X50

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:43 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 2003 TT X50

I have decided to sell my X50 since I hardly drive it anymore..car was out twice this summer. so here it is:
A totally stock with no mods except color matching 19" wheels and tires (less than 1000 miles on them)
2003 TT X50 10300 miles, 6 speed,Seal Gray with Gray Interior.
Full carbon fiber package/wheel/shifter/break/panel/consel etc...
Supple leather, factory lowered and thicker seats with porsche crest in headrest.
heated seats and all the other goodies.
I am the original and only owner.
I have the original MSRP $144000.
Clear bra.
Comes with original unused floor mats and 18" turbotwist wheels as well.
The only thing that never worked well on it is the 6 CD changer. It also has a single CD in dash.
All records and books...its service is up to date.
I have not decided on the price yet so let's hear it????
Old 12-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
I have decided to sell my X50 since I hardly drive it anymore..car was out twice this summer. so here it is:
A totally stock with no mods except color matching 19" wheels and tires (less than 1000 miles on them)
2003 TT X50 10300 miles, 6 speed,Seal Gray with Gray Interior.
Full carbon fiber package/wheel/shifter/break/panel/consel etc...
Supple leather, factory lowered and thicker seats with porsche crest in headrest.
heated seats and all the other goodies.
I am the original and only owner.
I have the original MSRP $144000.
Clear bra.
Comes with original unused floor mats and 18" turbotwist wheels as well.
The only thing that never worked well on it is the 6 CD changer. It also has a single CD in dash.
All records and books...its service is up to date.
I have not decided on the price yet so let's hear it????
Sounds like a very nice car.

For price input here's my story: Mid-June this year I bought an 03 (no x50 package), 6-speed, arctic silver with the standard Turbo options. Single CD in dash and 6-CD changer in trunk. Rear window wiper. Power seats. Seat memory. Autoclimate control. No heated seats though. No nav. Everything else factory stock. Car had just 9500 miles on it and the car was "pristine".

Dealer was asking $62K and I paid $57.7K. (Car stickered new for just under $120K. I have original sticker.) Car came with 2 year -- to June 2011 -- and 100K miles *new/improved* CPO warranty.

Good luck with selling your car. If I didn't have one already I'd be very interested in the car.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Fastboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I just bought a 2003 996tt w/ x50 pkg. I'm in Canada--the car has just under 70,000km which is about 45,000 miles. Never tracked, all stock, aluminum pkg. Needed about $5000 in cosmetic work (paint, wheels) and all-in was $65,000 CDN. As the American equivalents seem to sell for less than we Canuks pay, I'd think you would be selling your car for a bit less--although I think I got a pretty good deal, and your car has much less milage.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:44 AM
cjaz
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 02' X50 with the factory Aero kit with 11300 miles. Mine is bone stock and has msrp of 149k. If i was going to sell it my best guess as to what i would get for it is 54k-60k. Seems like there is getting to be fewer low mileage stock one's out there, which might help you. Macster's post would seem to indicate 60-63k depending on what value people put on the CPO warranty. It shouldn't be worth hardly anything on a car with 10k miles that has been well maintained and has the records to prove it. Two years go by fast and most of us don't pile on the mileage on these cars for one reason or another. The chance that soemthing breaks that is covered is pretty small. I am more interested assigning probabilities and doing some simple math to value that kind of warranty, lots of people use a "piece of mind" component to value them and invariably get a higher number.

When i purchased mine I valued my x50/aero options at 7k, (5 for x50 and 2 for aero). That's also about 30% of msrp for them.

I am sure you'll see a few guys say "if only it didn't have a grey interior". I have seen that posted quite a few times.

good luck with your sale
Old 12-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by cjaz
I have an 02' X50 with the factory Aero kit with 11300 miles. Mine is bone stock and has msrp of 149k. If i was going to sell it my best guess as to what i would get for it is 54k-60k. Seems like there is getting to be fewer low mileage stock one's out there, which might help you. Macster's post would seem to indicate 60-63k depending on what value people put on the CPO warranty. It shouldn't be worth hardly anything on a car with 10k miles that has been well maintained and has the records to prove it. Two years go by fast and most of us don't pile on the mileage on these cars for one reason or another. The chance that soemthing breaks that is covered is pretty small. I am more interested assigning probabilities and doing some simple math to value that kind of warranty, lots of people use a "piece of mind" component to value them and invariably get a higher number.

When i purchased mine I valued my x50/aero options at 7k, (5 for x50 and 2 for aero). That's also about 30% of msrp for them.

I am sure you'll see a few guys say "if only it didn't have a grey interior". I have seen that posted quite a few times.

good luck with your sale
My thinking on the CPO warrant was it was worth something cause of the low miles. 9500 miles is not enough miles for anything of any consequence to appear.

While these cars appear to be quite solid and well made and the engines nearlhy bullet proof and ditto the transmissions/drivetrain these cars can have problems early on and a warranty, a good CPO warranty was very important to me.

I have already put over 15K miles on the car since June 14 this year, starting out with call it 9500 and the car is just short of having 25K miles.

My belief is no warranty should expire on time but on miles since use is what turns up problems, not just sitting around unused.

Sure, even I won't put 100K miles on the car by June 2011 and don't want to, but I would like to have some miles on the car while under warranty just in case something turns up.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:02 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

It is amazing how low the prices of these cars have dropped...There is no doubt in my mind that they are some of the best Porsche have ever put on the road, and the secondary market buyers are getting a hell of a deal
Old 12-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
It is amazing how low the prices of these cars have dropped...There is no doubt in my mind that they are some of the best Porsche have ever put on the road, and the secondary market buyers are getting a hell of a deal

I agree that they are some of the best cars that Porsche have ever made, but you have the supply and demand issue. I don't anticipate that the values of the 993TT's will drop much more but even they are down between $10k and $15k since this recession started. However, Porsche didn't make many 993TT's but there are lots of 996TT's available to choose from.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:12 PM
grolsch_dude
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 4 months of negotiation, in May i purchased an '03 x50 with 9,600 miles. Blk/blk, fully loaded including NAV, no warranty because it was from an individual, but it is a Tip. The car was/is pristine save a few very small rock chips on the front. It is bone stock, but i did change the NAV (kept the old one) as the porsche NAV is really useless. I paid 54k. In all honesty, i think i could get it for a couple k less today as the economy has deteriorated a bit more regardless of what the press is telling us.

I've put on about 5k miles in 6 months and loved every one of them. I try to use it as a daily driver as much as i can. I actually hope to put a couple hundred thousand miles on it before i'm through!
Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by grolsch_dude
After 4 months of negotiation, in May i purchased an '03 x50 with 9,600 miles. Blk/blk, fully loaded including NAV, no warranty because it was from an individual, but it is a Tip. The car was/is pristine save a few very small rock chips on the front. It is bone stock, but i did change the NAV (kept the old one) as the porsche NAV is really useless. I paid 54k. In all honesty, i think i could get it for a couple k less today as the economy has deteriorated a bit more regardless of what the press is telling us.

I've put on about 5k miles in 6 months and loved every one of them. I try to use it as a daily driver as much as i can. I actually hope to put a couple hundred thousand miles on it before i'm through!
My memory on this fuzzy now, but when I was researching 996 Turbos the word was the factory NAV unit almost useless cause there no updates for it.

But I heard - think I heard anyhow -- that Porsche had arranged to release updates for the Turbo NAV unit.

Since my car didn't have a NAV unit I never had a reason to follow up and confirm, but since you're car has a factory NAV (or had) if you ever want to put it back into service it might be worth your trouble to confirm if updates are available.

No NAV for me. I still prefer to get lost the old-fashioned way, by using outdated maps (or just not using any maps at all), and then refusing to ask for directions.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:50 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Please edit your original post to include an asking price.
Thank you.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:33 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The NAV is worthless because its a PITA to program. It is fine if you already have an address saved it in. I just take my Garmin and forget about the onboard unit.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:33 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster

My belief is no warranty should expire on time but on miles since use is what turns up problems, not just sitting around unused.

OT, but I have to disagree with you there. Lots of problems show up in cars because they are NOT driven. That's the reason garage queen Ferrari need more service than driven cars.

To the OP.....I would suggest you ask sub-$60k, and be prepared to accept low $50s for it.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:40 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 Million on above! Frequently driven cars almost always have fewer problems.
A frequent point of discussion at our PCA region. Actually DE driven cars are much better maintained by most of us (frequent, preventive maintenance) than "regular" cars.
Unfortunately, it's a "buyer's market" right now. Good luck with the sale.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:06 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by switchcars
OT, but I have to disagree with you there. Lots of problems show up in cars because they are NOT driven. That's the reason garage queen Ferrari need more service than driven cars.

To the OP.....I would suggest you ask sub-$60k, and be prepared to accept low $50s for it.
I think you and Macster are saying the same thing. A garage queen car will not have showed problems that may come with miles. The first owner who only uses the car briefly may not see the issues but the second owner the uses it as a DD will!

I will be shopping for a car with 40k-70k miles (or more) when I look for a 996TT.

When I looked for my Boxster I wanted one with MORE than 50k. My wife's uncle bought a 99 Boxster with ultra low miles before I could speak to him about the slipped sleeve issue. I do not have the heart to tell him and make him worry.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my '04 about 2 years ago with 275 miles on it and it has run pretty much flawlessly as my dd ever since, so I disagree with the thought that a car needs to be driven lots of miles. Ditto my '79 930; with 61K on the clock (average 2k/year) it runs great, has good leakdown #'s and has never been apart.

Quick Reply: 2003 TT X50