Sponsored by:

Protosport in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:09 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Protosport in NJ

I have been talking with the Paul at Protosport about having them supply and install some mod's/upgrades for my stock 993TT. Usage is 70% street/30% DE Track events

I'm looking for an engine "kit" in the 500-520 crank HP/Tq range. Suspension wise will most likely go with PSS10's, RS sway bars, ERP arms etc.

I understand that Protosport are a Protomotive dealer and I am looking for historical references regarding Protosports work, knowledge, deliverables and after service support for their 993TT customers.

Thus any experiences (+/-) the fellow RL'ers would be able to share with me in this forum would be very much appreciated.

thank VM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

IMHO...

- They are really nice guys
- They know 911 Turbos as well as anyone East of the Mississippi
- They are very active in both PCA racing and DE programs and drive themselves
- They have some of the fastest modified cars in the tri-state area as well as some of the most beautiful bone stock street cars

- You could do a lot worse, I doubt much better.

... I am not affiliated.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:25 AM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy
IMHO...

- They are really nice guys
- They know 911 Turbos as well as anyone East of the Mississippi
- They are very active in both PCA racing and DE programs and drive themselves
- They have some of the fastest modified cars in the tri-state area as well as some of the most beautiful bone stock street cars

- You could do a lot worse, I doubt much better.

... I am not affiliated.

I concur.
Paul and John are very knowledgeable and take the time to explain the details. They did a good amount of work getting my 993 up to snuff after I removed the supercharger. They know their way around 993's, especially modified TT's. I planned to do the stage 1 TT conversion, but Paul talked me out of it since my engine had over 100k miles on it and he was concerned about longevity. He could have easily installed the kit as I asked and then rebuild the motor in short order, but he guided me in the right direction. You are welcome to PM me and we can discuss further.

Quick Reply: Protosport in NJ