Sponsored by:

Car transport review: a sad story

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 AM
asgor
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ClickClickBoom
Has your car been on an open air carrier this whole time?
Nah, enclosed trailer since pick-up. Still...

Car is likely to be delivered today (Tue. 1 Dec.) - still don't know for sure: will post if and when.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:28 PM
asgor
Intermediate

Default Car has been delivered!

Finally on Tuesday 1 Dec. the car was delivered. For the sake of full disclosure I will also say that it had no damage (enclosed trailer), and that the driver was most pleasant.

One last thing about First Class Auto Transport and Lamb Transport: their utter silence during the last few days when it became apparent that I was, after all, to suffer through this constantly delayed delivery without any facilitations is a testimonial to their overall lack of any substantial customer commitment. I guess it’s easy to be the hero when everything goes smoothly, but one’s worth must also be calculated when the **** hits the fan.

In their case I can honestly say that I am totally unimpressed with the effectiveness shown by but companies when put under pressure.

In summary: following this experience I wonder why anyone shipping a car would need the assistance of a broker (in my instance I used a broker out of sheer ignorance of how the process works): it’s not like the carriers’ phone numbers and addresses are only available to a select few: everyone can access them and obtain direct quotes. If anything, when complications arise having to rely on a double layer of bureaucracy – as it were – created by the existence of both a broker and a carrier issues seem to be more difficult to resolve.

Thank you all for the support you have shown during this unfortunate adventure. Now it's time to enjoy The Car (which by the way is a 2003 Turbo X50 with a few added "goodies"...).

Best to all!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:59 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad your saga is over. Now go and drive that motha-f-word!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa...wait a minute....this thing isn't over yet....WHERE's THE PICTURES??? After we anguished with you through all this, the least you can do is give us a few pictures of the new car...
Old 12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by asgor
Finally on Tuesday 1 Dec. the car was delivered. For the sake of full disclosure I will also say that it had no damage (enclosed trailer), and that the driver was most pleasant.

One last thing about First Class Auto Transport and Lamb Transport: their utter silence during the last few days when it became apparent that I was, after all, to suffer through this constantly delayed delivery without any facilitations is a testimonial to their overall lack of any substantial customer commitment. I guess it’s easy to be the hero when everything goes smoothly, but one’s worth must also be calculated when the **** hits the fan.

In their case I can honestly say that I am totally unimpressed with the effectiveness shown by but companies when put under pressure.

In summary: following this experience I wonder why anyone shipping a car would need the assistance of a broker (in my instance I used a broker out of sheer ignorance of how the process works): it’s not like the carriers’ phone numbers and addresses are only available to a select few: everyone can access them and obtain direct quotes. If anything, when complications arise having to rely on a double layer of bureaucracy – as it were – created by the existence of both a broker and a carrier issues seem to be more difficult to resolve.

Thank you all for the support you have shown during this unfortunate adventure. Now it's time to enjoy The Car (which by the way is a 2003 Turbo X50 with a few added "goodies"...).

Best to all!
Hey, that's what I'm looking for. If I'd known I'd have found a way to divert it to my place.

Seriously though, time to move on and enjoy the car. Luckily it turned out well and we all learned a valuable lesson albeit at your emotional expense.

However, pics are required.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Whoa...wait a minute....this thing isn't over yet....WHERE's THE PICTURES??? After we anguished with you through all this, the least you can do is give us a few pictures of the new car...
Pics of the transport truck would be nice, too.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:43 PM
asgor
Intermediate

So I read that you guys want to see some pictures, uh?

Well... as I haven't had time to wash the car since it arrived, I am including a few images (attached) that were taken from its previous owner - who, by the way, also frequented this forum.

It's a 2003 Turbo X50, 23000 miles, carbon package, sport seats, painted console and seat backs, with some additions (flashed ECU, B&M short shifter, Forge DVs, clear bra, Pioneer stereo to mention a few). Saw it on eBay, flew over to California to get the full scoop, bought it and had it shipped (as we all know by now).

It's now roaming the streets of Virginia with me at the helm and my little one in the back on his booster seat that has a grin even wider than mine!
Attached Images     
Old 12-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well done, and looks like it was worth the wait....in spite of the increase in alcohol consumption while going thru the anguish of the waiting. Be careful with that front spoiler lip....although I tried to be careful, mine lasted three weeks....I finally went to the aftermarket black poly lips....$175 as opposed to $800 OEM plus painting....
Old 12-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Love the colour and the GR tunnel. Wish I'd been able to find a GR 993TT to replace my GR993.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

Very nice looking car. Congratulations on the purchase. Sorry you had to go through the drama, but sometimes it makes the enjoyment level higher.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Beautiful! Enjoy in good health!

Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet car!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:06 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

NICE! My car is it's virtual twin! (mine's an 02 X50) Same tips and everything, only mine has CF up the wazoo, and it's also lowered (a must). Enjoy!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:23 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Choose a big name carrier, always. Good ending to the story!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:35 AM
vyper340
Pro

This is the site to check BEFORE you engange ANY transport company. Read the reviews...
http://www.transportreviews.com/

Quick Reply: Car transport review: a sad story