Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a good radar detector to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Was Stateside/Canada two months back, left my V1 here in Saudi....ended up having to travel roundtrip from Toronto to Houston, needed to do so quickly and decided to buy another detector...due to the problem of trying to get a V1 drop shipped (can't have them shipped into Ontario) purchased a Passport 9500 series (not sure about the series number...$400 unit) while it seemed to be good kit, I was frustrated by the lack of arrows....should have sucked it up and got another V1-ended up giving the passport to my brother. V1 all the way.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by wross996tt
I have no idea what you mean by "Our understanding of radar energy physics is tighter than that." What is tighter? The information regarding the APG-62 and AN/ALQ-131 suggests these technologies are ever changing (if the references are correct). This to me means the technology continues to advance as we learn more (i.e., refine the theories through scientific method...Induction-deduction cycle)...it also means we have a lot to learn...thanks for the evidence supporting my statements.

I'm not sure anyone has "it" figured out...enough understanding to be able to do some things, but far from figured out. It seems your understanding of physics and mine are different...

That was fun...LOL
What you don't seem to understand is that the performance of the military's radars, ECM, ECCM, and stealth technologies is based not only on their exceptional understanding of the entire RF spectrum, but also because of their exceptional ability in designing hardware and software to operate in that environment. They are able to continue their advancements not because they continue to better understand the basics, but because of advances in materials, computers, and computer software. They have the basics down cold. And the police radar gun, and the detection of the RF energy it emits, is kindergarten stuff compared to what is done in the military.

I see emotional dialogue (mostly conjecture and hypotheses) with reference to background knowledge to support the claims.
From who?

Quick Reply: What is a good radar detector to get?