Questions about mods on Ruf RTurbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 AM
RSA333
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about mods on Ruf RTurbo

Folks-

As usual, Ruf seems to be a class act. In addition to a new 590 Nardo engine in the car which should arrive any day now, the former owner made some modifications that seem quite sensible, and what I would probably do, although I do not know the quality / effectiveness of these modifications. They include:

-Brembo GTR 8 piston brakes front and rear
-Porsche Motorsport GT2 intercoolers
-Akkurat 996TT Moton Club Sport Suspension
-Akkurat custom headers (ceramic coating)

All of the other modifications I can understand.

Any feedback is appreciated. I may also post this in other forums to get a wide audience. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. - Gerry
Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Not sure I understand your question....the upgraded brakes and suspension are quite nice if you track, but overkill for street. The GT2 ICs are not the big of an upgrade from the TT (IMO) and the headers...whatever. At that power, I don't think you'll get much with the headers. But if the package is already done, sounds quite nice!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:45 PM
RSA333
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. I realize this is a very generic question, and I have certainly modded other 911s and Porsche Turbos, but have no real world experience with these specific modifications. Certainly on the other 911 turbos I have owned, adding headers greatly reduced lag, and adjustable suspensions increased track-specific handling. The brakes may not be overkill for someone like myself and wife (she is FIA-licensed) driving on the street, but then we are used to the "Sturm und Drang" of race cars...

Quick Reply: Questions about mods on Ruf RTurbo