Sponsored by:

CPO upset

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 07:53 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
I would make them fix the car and supply / include the billett diverter valves for your trouble.
I would not give them ANYTHING that they could use to deny a future CPO claim.

IMHO, a dealer is only for warranty work.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:19 PM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats is what I was thinking, I will just drop the car next week and let them fix it, I might be selling the DVs soon, vivdracing has a 35% return fee
Old 08-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow what a hassel to go through. Sure.. the dealer is going off the old CPO sheet... they saw an ability to cash in.

Glad PCNA got it worked out for you.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vivid has a 35% return fee for a brand new part that's never been used? C'mon Dan...I realize there's some major hassle to putting a box back on the shelf what with the issue of "motion economy" and having to find the right bin....but to charge a customer 35% just because he/she decided not to use it or that it wasn't needed? That policy would seem to sort of negate all those good deals I see offered all the time. There can't be that many returns.....or maybe.....????
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 AM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update 2

Yesterday I dropped the car off at the dealer for the repairs, the Service Manager took me into his office and apologized for my troubles, he offered to refund the money I had paid for the past service (that was supposed to be covered by CPO) but I asked him if he could use that money towards replacing the battery tray and other components that were rusty, we looked up the parts and they costed more than twice of what the dealer owed me, the service manager told me that they will give me the parts and replace everything for free (labor and parts) and in top of that they gave me a loaner vehicle (a brand new Audi A4 S-line). Overall they made a mistake, but they made up for it by providing a great service and making a customer very happy.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:19 AM
raineycd
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Good deal! Glad they made it right!

Quick Reply: CPO upset