Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO upset

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:00 PM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car is bone stock, it has the paper air filter, I do hear a noise when at WOT, its like a hissing I thought it was normal... do you think that a failed DV can cause CEL codes P0491 and P0492?
Old 07-26-2009, 01:08 PM
molson cdn
Rennlist Member

im not trying to hijack this thread but i was wondering where Kevin is located?
i checked out your site Ultimatemotorwerks.com and it doesnt indicate location.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:58 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by molson cdn
im not trying to hijack this thread but i was wondering where Kevin is located?
i checked out your site Ultimatemotorwerks.com and it doesnt indicate location.
I found this via Google:

Rennlist Sponsor - Ultimate Motorwerks
Sponsor Since: 2005. Contact Info: http://www.ultimatemotorwerks.com. Ultimate Motorwerks 22219 161st Ave SE Monroe, WA 98272. kevin@ultimatemotorwerks.com.

Show map of 22219 161st Ave SE, Monroe, WA 98272

www.rennlist.com/spnsrs/ultimatemotorwerks.html - Cached - Similar
Old 07-27-2009, 03:54 PM
lexpro
Intermediate

You and your lawyer friend should check Title 13 (Consumer Protection) of the Maryland Commercial Law (I see you are in Hunt Valley, MD). Read the definition of what are the "unfair or deceptive practices" that are prohibited. Find it at http://michie.lexisnexis.com/marylan...=main-h.htm&cp Do any of them fit your situation? Note that the law provides that the court can award attorneys fees in an appropriate case, which should make your lawyer friend take more interest. You can also make a complaint to the Attorney General's Division of Consumer Protection and see if they can help.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
puma
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also had those codes when my diverter valves went bad. I was going to install some upgraded one eventually so i decided to install them right away and my code never came back.

If you change those, replace them with some good one, not the stock one. You won't regret upgrading.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:14 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

DVs are a wear item. I would not start a war over 800$, you may need the dealer to go to bat for you in the future esp if you have a very expensive grey area repair later on.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 AM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

Guys, thank you so much for your help, actually the DV's cost $58 each (the stock units) and abou $120 each for an aftermarket set.
Lexpro: thanks for the info, but I really dont have the time or the desire to fight Porsche for $200 in parts, but I will keep that link just in case..
Puma: That is one of my concerns, I am hoping that the tech diagnosed the car properly. If I replace the DVs and the light comes back on its gonna really suck
TT surgeon: I agree with you..
Now another question, have any of your used the EVO DVs, I was thinking about getting those in black...
Thanks for your help
Old 07-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the EVO DVs....and they're pretty much the same as any other...they screw apart at the top to allow you to go in and periodically, take out the spring and piston, clean them out, lube the pistons etc. Truthfully, they look like other Chinese made DVs, and I dont' know where EVO has them made. There are a number of DVs on the market that most guys seem to migrate towards....Bailey, Forge, EVO and a few others. Most all are billett in either black or silver. Black seems more OEM colored and "covert". Make sure that the tops are screwed on tightly if they're the take-apart type. Some guys have reported that they unscrewed due to vibration or repeated activation of the pistons.

There seems to be a difference of opinion on which are good, better, best. Some claim that the particular brand they sell need no maintenance at all....others recommend a once or twice yearly inspection with cleaning and lubing. I've spoken to several tuners and you should too since tuners see more variations in designs and problems than most folks. Although I haven't had any noticeable problems with the EVOs I have in there....I have been told that I should have gone another route. There has been quite a bit written up on this subject. I suggest you do a search before you buy. They're not very expensive and the range of pricing isn't that far apart.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

man, I would be hatin life if I had to service my dv's once or twice a year.

get the baileys and forget about it.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 AM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

I just ordered the Agency Power DVs from vividracing, also got the F-hose just in case, Thanks Dan for your help!
Old 08-07-2009, 05:42 PM
paneraiwatches
Instructor

Originally Posted by Oak
man, I would be hatin life if I had to service my dv's once or twice a year.

get the baileys and forget about it.
+100
Old 08-07-2009, 06:01 PM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

Default UPDATE!

Just got a call from PCNA, they apologized and told me that the DVs are covered, they blamed my local dealer, they said that the dealer failed to update their CPO part list and thats why that part showed up in their system as not being covered. The lady said that this was a common issue since August 2008 (when the CPO became a true bumper to bumper) she said that many dealers still use the old CPO part list
I already have purchased aftermarket DVs, now should I make them fix the car and return the DVs or should I just fix the car myself with aftermarket DVs?
Old 08-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stay with the aftermarket ones.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MechanicalEng
Just got a call from PCNA, they apologized and told me that the DVs are covered, they blamed my local dealer, they said that the dealer failed to update their CPO part list and thats why that part showed up in their system as not being covered. The lady said that this was a common issue since August 2008 (when the CPO became a true bumper to bumper) she said that many dealers still use the old CPO part list
I already have purchased aftermarket DVs, now should I make them fix the car and return the DVs or should I just fix the car myself with aftermarket DVs?
Get the new ones. Then replace them with the aftermarkets. Don't tell them.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:23 PM
paneraiwatches
Instructor

Originally Posted by MechanicalEng
I would make them fix the car and supply / include the billett diverter valves for your trouble.

Quick Reply: CPO upset