Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X50 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Added to the description also per Your manual reference, thanks!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Dr.D
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on, whats 6 little horsies. Lets say it makes 447, and damn those extra 3 (or 6) horses help the car break the sound barrier. I heard somewhere those windshield wiper spoilers add 2hp. I'm thinking 2 wipers in the front, one in the rear, there you go thats 6 hp.....
Old 05-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"...Porsche always puts the strongest motors off the engine dyno in white cars as that has always been their factory Motorsport color."

Is this a serious statement? They put the best engines in a white car??? I have never heard of such a thing.....
Old 05-12-2009, 12:19 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,654 Likes on 2,325 Posts

i dont know about the ad.
but if one is serious about such a car, i would just buzz glen.
he probably knows enough about porsches as porsche factory. he's not a BS'ter.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:26 AM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope they put at least a 420hp engine in my black TT by the way, thats a nice white TT..
Old 05-12-2009, 08:48 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
I think that ebay allows you to create a new listing based (copying) another one. To allow for faster creation of your ad.

Most likely what they did on this one...
I don't see an option for copying another person's ad. Something is def funky about these ads. They are in 2 different time zones, just happen to be X50's and posted within minutes of each other. They are almost identical verbage. Are they buddies selling cars with X50's? What's going on here?

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
I don't see an option for copying another person's ad. Something is def funky about these ads. They are in 2 different time zones, just happen to be X50's and posted within minutes of each other. They are almost identical verbage. Are they buddies selling cars with X50's? What's going on here?
It is under sell an item like this, he originated the ad (which I like, he has a great car and no I don't know him, he also wished me luck) anyway they are both great cars anyone who gets either one will enjoy them. Like Your shaking finger, Mothers day week and all, it's fitting. Not sure it's appropriate since "sell one like this" is an available option for anyone selling on Ebay. But You know what they say, any publicity is good publicity...
Old 05-12-2009, 09:39 AM
tvurt
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

10 days after i get my turbo in seal gray ( I wanted white ) you sell this!!! Curses!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

462 HP for a MY2003 X51

Last edited by Loren; 07-23-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Glen
It is under sell an item like this, he originated the ad (which I like, he has a great car and no I don't know him, he also wished me luck) anyway they are both great cars anyone who gets either one will enjoy them. Like Your shaking finger, Mothers day week and all, it's fitting. Not sure it's appropriate since "sell one like this" is an available option for anyone selling on Ebay. But You know what they say, any publicity is good publicity...
Thanks for clarifying Glen. I'm actually in the market for a car, but was a little worried about bidding because of the ad similarities. Never can be too careful these days.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the time you can just post the link and ask...Waddaya' think about this one? and you'll get the responses....there are some pretty sharp guys here who can spot a misaligned hood or a stated inconsistency from 50 paces. There's a almost universal tendency to tell you that the car is too expensive and suggestions to offer less, but it ends up that if you like it, and the PPI turns out well....if it strikes your fancy....you get it for the best you can do pricewise.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Porsche always puts the strongest motors off the engine dyno in white cars as that has always been their factory Motorsport color.
Stronger engines in white cars? My sources tell me this is not true.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
"...Porsche always puts the strongest motors off the engine dyno in white cars as that has always been their factory Motorsport color."

Is this a serious statement? They put the best engines in a white car??? I have never heard of such a thing.....
Right! Of course! And if you look closely under the console, there is a waffle maker on white cars as well. Next time I order, I'm for sure getting white with the "wink wink" free strong motor power option.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time I buy a new car I'm gonna order it in white, and THEN have it painted the color I REALLY want after it's delivered so that I can get one of those more-powerful engines...
Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Glen
Race Car

So I take it You 3 do not believe me, no sweat. I am not kidding and dyno results have indicated over several cars over time this to be real, yes its not published, yes obviously its not general public knowledge, yet it is what it is.
As You can tell by my history and postings, race results etc... I do not have a history of making things up.
I am sure You all are correct, best wishes to all of You and hope to see You at a track event sometime. We can have a laugh over it.

Quick Reply: X50 For Sale