Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFC 996 TT Replacement Disc Assemblies

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 12:43 PM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to be clear, we are looking for enough interest to be able to place the required order to get these through PFC engineering. Once they are in the works we will find out right away if the 330/350 rear can be accomodated, and we are trying to do the 997 PCCB's as well. Lead times once we get going will be 5-7 weeks, so we need to get this started!

For those not familiar with Performance Friction, PFC discs have become the standard at the highest levels of professional motorsports. You will find PFC discs (and calipers, pads) in the Nascar Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck series with teams like Roush Racing, Yates Racing, Evernham, KHI, and many others. PFC discs are also used throughout the highest levels of road racing including by the majority of Daytona Prototype, Koni Challenge, Atlantic, Formula Nippon, JGTC, F3, Star Mazda, and former Cart competitors to name a few. Ganassi Racing has used them to win multiple DP Championships, and the 24 Hours of Daytona 3 years in a row. In GT500, 60% of the field ran PFC discs in 2008, while 93% were on PFC pads. Many Pro, Amateur, and Club racing Porsche's around the globe are on PFC pads and discs. As for F1, it is the only non carbon brake disc package on the track.....as they are used on the AMG Pace car! The list goes on and on...

They all utilize this same "V2" attachment system, which was developed specifically to eliminate vibration, pulsation, cracking, and excessive weight. The replacement discs also have a tensioned lateral float to eliminate rattle on the street. PFC is using the dimpled pattern for the direct replacement discs because they have found that they achieve all of the functionality of the slots, with significantly less pad wear. While the slots can provide more bite on high demand race applications, the current pad selections can easily achieve the usable levels of bite for this application.

It should also be noted that each and every component found around the globe bearing the Performance Friction name was produced in house at one production facility in Clover, South Carolina, and was manufactured under the most stringent quality standards in the industry.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I am interested. Will stock pads or Pagid pads work with these? I have heard that they do not fit. Is this true?

If Pagid pads will fit, I am in.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:02 PM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Oak
I am interested. Will stock pads or Pagid pads work with these? I have heard that they do not fit. Is this true?

If Pagid pads will fit, I am in.
Once it goes to engineering they will determine the swept area. You likely heard that about the PFC GT3 disc. Because the PFC disc design and integrity are so superior to the stock units, they were able to reduce the mass significantly by reducing the swept area. True it uses a different padshape, but I believe there is a Pagid that fits it.

We'll pencil you in pending the pad clarification, Thanks!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:00 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

I am interested in a set for my 997tt iron disc car
Old 04-20-2009, 12:34 PM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by eclou
I am interested in a set for my 997tt iron disc car
Thanks, we got you on the list!

Thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 12:40 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I only ask that pricing come down. Bad times. Track days are not filling...etc. That is reality. OEM's are 700 for 4 rotors. Double that...or just under...no problem. Over triple, ...

See if they can do 1200. There has to be room to make money in that.... If not, PM me.

Jeff
Old 04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I only ask that pricing come down. Bad times. Track days are not filling...etc. That is reality. OEM's are 700 for 4 rotors. Double that...or just under...no problem. Over triple, ...

See if they can do 1200. There has to be room to make money in that.... If not, PM me.

Jeff
Hey Jeff,

The $ 2,200.00 is for the complete assemblies as described and pictured. Replacement "Discs" should be about the same as our GT3 replacement discs which is less than $ 300.00ea

Thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
boss351
Instructor

Put me on the list, I am definitely up for a set!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:45 AM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by boss351
Put me on the list, I am definitely up for a set!
We got ya.

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Mike,
Can you explain why drilled ?I was under the impression that slotted would be better since the drilled holes crack?

BTW
I love the 97 compound pads on my 965 track car!
Elliot
Old 04-25-2009, 03:18 AM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Turbohead
Mike,
Can you explain why drilled ?I was under the impression that slotted would be better since the drilled holes crack?

BTW
I love the 97 compound pads on my 965 track car!
Elliot
Alright Elliott! glad to hear that about the 97s!!

Just got to beautiful Thunderhill Raceway in Northern Ca. Then again, ALL Racetracks are beautiful!

To answer your question, the Rotors are not drilled, they're dimpled....

From an earlier post: " PFC is using the dimpled pattern for the direct replacement discs because they have found that they achieve all of the functionality of the slots, with significantly less pad wear. While the slots can provide more bite on high demand race applications, the current pad selections can easily achieve the usable levels of bite for this application. "

In addition as far as "dimples" are concerned, PFC's GT3 Dimpled Discs which have been out for years and with hundreds of sets sold, have performed flawlessly.

Hope that answers your question!

Last edited by michael_mbsbrakes; 04-25-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 AM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Alright guys, we have 8 commitments. I need 4 more to make this happen, I'll stock the additional 8 to make the 20 PFC requires. Let's see if we can get this going!

Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by michael_mbsbrakes
Hey Jeff,

The $ 2,200.00 is for the complete assemblies as described and pictured. Replacement "Discs" should be about the same as our GT3 replacement discs which is less than $ 300.00ea

Thanks
But I would need to spend $2200 as I do not have these 'hats' yet, correct?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 PM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kerry
But I would need to spend $2200 as I do not have these 'hats' yet, correct?
Correct, $2,200.00 is for the rotor assemblies; discs, hats and hardware. After that you reuse the hats. Disc replacement less than $ 300.00

Pads are additional

Thanks

Last edited by michael_mbsbrakes; 05-05-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:27 AM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Hey everyone, PFC recently brought to market replacement Disc assemblies for the Nissan GT-R. The following thread has alot of very good information. While it's obvious we are talking two different manufacturers, I believe some pertinent similarities exist. (all wheel drive etc...)

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29440

-Michael

Quick Reply: PFC 996 TT Replacement Disc Assemblies