Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed with the first test drive. Can't believe it!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 10:59 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Hey Richard....in your avatar....are you in front of all those guys, or are they about to lap you? Sorry, jes' couldn't hep' m'sef.....I've been hanging around Gota911 too long.
Chuck, I am flattered! Here is an emoticon to help stir things up!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by banhbao
Hehe, I'm currently driving a corola but I have had a 06 Z4 M for 2 years which was off leased this month and a Ducati 749s which I miss dearly. Driving Chuck's car gave me the same feeling as I was riding my Duc. Pulls hard and quick.

Can someone show me how to post pic from my computer in this forum? It only allows me to post pic from http link.

Thanks
Brian,

Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic. These instructions have NEVER failed to help someone post pics, so the pressure is on YOU to keep my string alive!

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply, the Preview Post, and Spell Check buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and Close this Window.

Click on the Browse button and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. Now click on the Upload button. After the file has been uploaded, you can click on Browse button and repeat the process to upload another pic or click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button and everyone will be able to see your great looking P-car!

If your pics are too large, you can resize them with MS Paint, or PhotoShop software, or you can do it online at this web site. http://www.resize2mail.com/
Old 03-21-2009, 11:30 PM
banhbao
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!.

Taken on Angel Crest in LA. I love this route!
Attached Images   
Old 03-22-2009, 12:50 AM
banhbao
Intermediate

My Ducati 749s with a friend's gixxer.
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2009, 06:01 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

My Ducati 749s with a friend's gixxer.
From standing start, up to 120mph Duke would pull 25-35 feet on a flashed 911TT. Then TT catches up and its all over for Duke.

As far as Suzzy is concerned; unless 1000cc - same story.

And finally; TT always get's them at top speed. ;-).

I love bikes, I race them but TT on the road is a much safer proposition. And performance wise - sod all in it. You have to be insane to race TT on a bike through the twists. it's just so much easier in the TT.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:39 AM
banhbao
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SimonK
I love bikes, I race them but TT on the road is a much safer proposition.
I agree. I learn that the hard way =)

Brian.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:03 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

I agree. I learn that the hard way =)

Brian.
Anyone who is serious about bikes does.

You know what they say; “There are only two types of riders in the world, those who have crashed and those who will.”
Old 03-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

And when you get into a modded TT you will run down liter bikes, unless the rider is VERY good... I've surprised more than a few, and one Bussa owner specifically stalked me to my destination after I dropped him shifting into 3rd... His exact words to me were "what the hell have you done to this thing, cause I've never been pulled by a car!"

Love my bikes... LOVE my 996TT!

Mike
Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 PM
qirex
Racer

comparing a 749 to a tt? are you sure you dont mean boxster?

I used to ride a hayabusa for 3 years - awesome bike.

Most baikes i roll againt LOVE playing, and enjoy getting waxed by a 600HP TT. (although they usually *think* they have a chance)

a month ago however, some dude in a 08 busa wanted to go from 30mph getting on the 5N...

wow - even I was surprised that i beat him that bad.

749duc should really only play with boxsters and cayman...749 really?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:09 PM
banhbao
Intermediate

qirex,
I didn't mean to compare the 749 against the TT in term of pure speed. I was comparing the feeling of it. Since you've ridden a bike, you know that a bike is really "quick", you feel as if you were going really fast, perceptive speed. So I was saying that Chuck's TT is so fast that it gives me the same feeling as my Duc used to give me.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 PM
qirex
Racer

aha...

one thing that I agree with you is that a stock 420HP TT feels LESS "raw" than a 997. Evan at 420 vs 355/380 the TT is still WAY faster than the number would have you believe.

But yes...its a bit *tame*

which is why a flash and exhaust (500HP) is very neceessary!

my cars at 600 and is completely dialed in. Its still very civilized - but can get aggro quick.

I think 500-740 is the sweet spot for these cars - while still being 100% daily drivable..
Old 03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
prche951
Intermediate

funny thing is that my first drive in a 996TT was totally different. Totally stock and it accelerated like no ones business. Faster than any previous 911 turbo for sure. I was sold. The power comes on so smooth it is amazing.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:59 PM
qirex
Racer

Originally Posted by prche951
funny thing is that my first drive in a 996TT was totally different. Totally stock and it accelerated like no ones business. Faster than any previous 911 turbo for sure. I was sold. The power comes on so smooth it is amazing.
lol

mine too!

it was a yellow 2002 at pioneer centers. TI was amazed at the feel of the "invisible hand" pulling the car faster and faster exponentially even as the tach climbed linearly...
Old 03-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Luva996tt
3rd Gear

Ive had a couple of 911's before an 80 targa and an 996 Cabriolet before finally getting my dream car an Turbo. First time I drove it I was impressed and even now every time I drive it it still brings an smile to my face, especialy now with an k24/18g set up. They are just awesome machines
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Kevin Michael
Rocket Pilot
Rennlist Member

banhbao, Not trying to start a war here, but I see you were once considering a 928? I have one for sale that will embarrass even modded 996tt's. 552 whp and the whole car is new including 8k new paint, custom rear flares and wing that were tastefully done in a factory look. BTW I too also want a 996tt ironically! PM if interested.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with the first test drive. Can't believe it!!