Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Picked Up a 04' 911 Turbo Cab Wedneday Night Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008 | 05:44 PM
TurboBill911
Advanced

Default Just Picked Up a 04' 911 Turbo Cab Wedneday Night Couple of Questions

Hi my name is Bill and man do I dig this car. I bought a Boxter S two weeks ago and was suppose to be a joint custody car with my wife. Well that didn't go so well we were constanly fighting on who got to drive it. So I said what the heck I am smack dab in the middle of my middle age crazy so I found a 911 Turbo Cab in Dallas flew up there and drove it back to south texas.

Wow, the thing is a blast. I got a couple of questions though if ya'll don't mind. After I drive it hard it smells like oil, clutch or tires heck I am not sure it just smells. Is that normal because my wife's boxter smells the same way after I drive it hard. the only thing that don't work is the left heated seat is that a big deal or an easy fix that I could do without taking it in?

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2008 | 06:10 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Hey Bill, good to hear about your ride, but where are the pics?
Where in So Tx are you? I'm down in Brownsville (it don't get more south than that!).
We have a pretty active PCA chapter, as a matter of fact we have a DE this weekend at the Cameron Co Airport. Lots of great folks, check our website:
www.rgvpca.org
What you are probably smelling is a bit of burnt oil, or "Texas gold" as we call it. Greatest aroma in the world, next to some fine cooked brakes after a hard drive! Good luck with the car! And remember our motto: "Never lift".
Old 12-02-2008 | 06:23 PM
TurboBill911
Advanced

Thanks. I am actually in Corpus Christi. It was funny I went the twisted sisters and met some miatas. They said I could ride with them even thought they knew i was a mazda wantabe.

I need to look into joining some porshe clubs. Thanks.

Here are the pics car is a little dirty.

Old 12-02-2008 | 08:07 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Very nice. Welcome aboard. Looks like it has some mods...do you know what they are?

Smell is normal...seat wiring can be a PIA though.

Another site you will want to join is RennTech Has TSBs and lots of DIY stuff. Enjoy and be safe.
Old 12-03-2008 | 01:08 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

That wing seems to overpower the car in a big way, otherwise looks pretty nice.
Old 12-03-2008 | 08:29 AM
jimmy k
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
That wing seems to overpower the car in a big way, otherwise looks pretty nice.

I concur with Doc here. That wing is too Fast and Furious. Try to find the stock one. Otherwise great find!
Old 12-03-2008 | 10:28 AM
TurboBill911
Advanced

I am still thinking about the wing. What is neat is that it is all carbon fiber. I do have the stock one however came with the car. I'll drive for a while then maybe try the stock one.
Old 12-03-2008 | 11:23 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

She's a beaut, Bill!
We have a lot of Corpus guys that come to our events.
We also run their DE's sometimes. You'll find some info in our website.
The wing looks good. Stay safe!
Hope to see ya at our events soon.
Old 12-03-2008 | 12:56 PM
TurboBill911
Advanced

Thanks what does DE mean? I am still knew to the sportscar thing. I have done bikes for years and still do.
Old 12-03-2008 | 01:03 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Wow great looking car enjoy it in good health! Ditch the wing its for the ricer crowd in my opinion.
Old 12-03-2008 | 01:22 PM
thth
Advanced

Originally Posted by TurboBill911
Hi my name is Bill and man do I dig this car. I bought a Boxter S two weeks ago and was suppose to be a joint custody car with my wife. Well that didn't go so well we were constanly fighting on who got to drive it. So I said what the heck I am smack dab in the middle of my middle age crazy so I found a 911 Turbo Cab in Dallas flew up there and drove it back to south texas.

Wow, the thing is a blast. I got a couple of questions though if ya'll don't mind. After I drive it hard it smells like oil, clutch or tires heck I am not sure it just smells. Is that normal because my wife's boxter smells the same way after I drive it hard. the only thing that don't work is the left heated seat is that a big deal or an easy fix that I could do without taking it in?

Thanks.
We never fight about this. Because I love diamonds, not cars

I have always let my husband drives the new car first until he leaves it at home for me to drive. He loves cars, so by letting him to be the first one drives it that makes the home happy.

However, you are a man...you should let she goes first or until she does not wanted any more, then you can have it all
Old 12-03-2008 | 02:11 PM
MitchW
Advanced

Nice car! I've had my 04 cab for about 4 months now and love it. My car has that same "can't place it" smell from the engine compartment. I just brought it in for its first service since I've owned it, and while the shop concurred about the smell, they couldn't find anything leaking; even putting the cooling system under pressure for the day thinking it could be coolant. I did find that my hydraulic fluid was low, and have since refilled it (pentosin). I'll be watching its levels carefully.

Enjoy it!
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:32 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by TurboBill911
Thanks what does DE mean? I am still knew to the sportscar thing. I have done bikes for years and still do.
DE = Drivers Ed
Old 12-03-2008 | 06:20 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

hi bill welcome to the forum. great looking car. leave the wing as is...makes the car different. if the carbon look on the wing is too much, you can always paint it. nice seat backs never saw them in carbon before. enjoy for many years and in good health.
Old 12-03-2008 | 07:48 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

I too like the wing. Love the seats. Also looks like you have some sort of cool aftermarket exhaust (or at least aftermarket tips. Enjoy it in good health!

Quick Reply: Just Picked Up a 04' 911 Turbo Cab Wedneday Night Couple of Questions